• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Cavallino said:
Here are more details which will highlight SKIER's rather biased and negative market interpretations of the WaterSound - WindRose - Lot 7 offering at $695K.

Comparable #1 - Lot 8 in Wind Rose - $780K
This is a corner lot that is wider and should command a premium to Lot 7.

Comparable #2 - Lot 63 in Passages - $899K
This lot backs up to the putting green golf course. More private than being backed up to 30-A <traffic noise>....which is the comparable for Lot 7 -Wind Rose. I believe this lot should command a premium over Lot 7.

Comparable #3 - Lot 11 in Wind Rose - $810K
Once again this lot is not backed up to 30-A - so you won't hear traffic. Also, the nice walkway next to the house will give the property a larger feel than being sandwiched in between 2 houses like Lot 7. Once again, this lot should fetch more than Lot 7.

Comparable #4 - Lot 2 in Wind Rose - $690K
This lot is very similar to Lot 7 as it backs up to 30-A. However, it is only 50 feet wide and Lot 7 is 60 feet wide. So it should be a lower priced lot than Lot 7.

The above should clearly illustrate that a closer look at this thread is somewhat misleading. I find it interesting that the ONLY 2 POSTS are from Skier.

What might actually be helpful to the "obsessive/compulsive inventory scanners" would be the following
1. The initially offering prices on each of the above referenced lots.
2. The annualized ROI on each of the above referenced lots.

Doug

doug,

Two more comparable properties to lot 63 hit the market recently. The actual price paid for 63 late last year was $899k. As of today, lot 61, 62 and 59 are for sale at prices between $650k and $689k. They all back up to the putting green like lot 63. Some good deals to be had compared to the market price paid last year.

Cavallino

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2005
depends on the date
Skier,

These lots do not meet my criteria for purchase in the WaterSound development. Furthermore, I encourage you not to waste your time looking for deals on my behalf, as you are not my realtor.

If you truly wish to announce a deal to the community, then direct it to the community and not me. But then again, I am sure the point of your post was to get in the last word and ONCE AGAIN state your bearish interpretation of the market.

Doug :nono1:

P.S. - Talk about kicking a dead horse!!!!

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Cavallino said:
Skier,

These lots do not meet my criteria for purchase in the WaterSound development. Furthermore, I encourage you not to waste your time looking for deals on my behalf, as you are not my realtor.

If you truly wish to announce a deal to the community, then direct it to the community and not me. But then again, I am sure the point of your post was to get in the last word and ONCE AGAIN state your bearish interpretation of the market.

Doug :nono1:

P.S. - Talk about kicking a dead horse!!!!
Doug,

Doug,

You wrote a very long message saying that I was misleading people in my original post on this thread. You went out of your way to say so. I took great exception to your post directed at me, and I am merely stating facts that back up the points I made in my original post.

Also, the thread discussing potentially good deals in Watersound was not directed at you or your realtor. In my most recent message, I apologize for implying that you should take advantage of what appears to be lots for sale at below recent market pricing.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
skier said:
doug,

Two more comparable properties to lot 63 hit the market recently. The actual price paid for 63 late last year was $899k. As of today, lot 61, 62 and 59 are for sale at prices between $650k and $689k. They all back up to the putting green like lot 63. Some good deals to be had compared to the market price paid last year.

Lot priced at 650K is now listed as pending.

CSP

Beach Crab
Jul 29, 2005
iqueequeg said:
Lot priced at 650K is now listed as pending.

Party is over. Skier got it. Fact that 650k is pending will draw more sellers out of woods, lock-in their gains. People bought last year are not in desirable position now.

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
Can one of you knowledgeable about real estate people direct me to your mls link?

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Two more lots at Watersound are under contract. The second $650k lot and the $675k lot went under contract today.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hey skier....your hand hurt yet from signing all those papers??? Hope you grabbed at least one and will build a home that you can enjoy!!!

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Sueshore said:
Hey skier....your hand hurt yet from signing all those papers??? Hope you grabbed at least one and will build a home that you can enjoy!!!

Sue,

I still have my house up for sale. I can only afford one second home at a time. Good to hear that the lots got snatched up so fast. As I stated in my original post on this thread, I did have a feeling that the deals looked good on a comparable basis. Looks like there are buyers out there at the right price.