• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
My daughter & grandsons arriving from Atlanta had to go through a roadblock after coming over the 331 bridge a few minutes ago. Made everyone turn in at library, this is crazy!!! I guess they are trying to stop anyone who has been at 331 & Seabar. Fri. night at 10:30

Last edited:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
My daughter & gransons arriving from Atlanta had to go through a roadblock after coming over the 331 bridge a few minutes ago. Made everyone turn in at library, this is crazy!!! I guess they are trying to stop anyone who has been at 331 & Seabar. Fri. night at 10:30

I will alert Jfunn asap.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
My daughter & gransons arriving from Atlanta had to go through a roadblock after coming over the 331 bridge a few minutes ago. Made everyone turn in at library, this is crazy!!! I guess they are trying to stop anyone who has been at 331 & Seabar. Fri. night at 10:30

I have lost count of how many times I have left 331 with a fairly substantial buzz. BUT, anything they can do to make that road safer, I am all about.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Jfunn is at home.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
DUI checkpoints are normal occurences on holiday weekends. I know they are an inconvenience when you've been traveling a long way and you are almost there, but the more drunks that get pulled off our roads (and there are many :eek: ), the better our chances are of actually getting to where we are going.

There was one weekend last summer that we ALL wish there had been a checkpoint south of the bridge...:sosad:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
DUI checkpoints are normal occurences on holiday weekends. I know they are an inconvenience when you've been traveling a long way and you are almost there, but the more drunks that get pulled off our roads (and there are many :eek: ), the better our chances are of actually getting to where we are going.

There was one weekend last summer that we ALL wish there had been a checkpoint south of the bridge...:sosad:

As there should be.
It's scary as hell.
People should take advantage of the cabs.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My daughter & grandsons arriving from Atlanta had to go through a roadblock after coming over the 331 bridge a few minutes ago. Made everyone turn in at library, this is crazy!!! I guess they are trying to stop anyone who has been at 331 & Seabar. Fri. night at 10:30
I think it is more likely that they are trying to bust people driving down to the beach, who maybe had a few beers, or have an open container in the car, or possible something illegal :eek: in the car.

drivingtheview

Beach Lover
Oct 17, 2005
We arrived at the roadblock @ 1:00am. They had cars lined up like the Miracle Strip on Spring Break. My wife was driving, I was asleep, our three year old was asleep, and we had a U-Haul trailer in tow. The cop flashed his light inside and asked if we were drinking? My wife responded negative and he told us to go on without pulling into the library. If we would have had to pull into the library parking lot, I'm sure we would have seen thre sun rise. I imagine the DUI count was extremely high that night.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
jeepers, y'all!

don't you dare freaking drink and drive!!!!!!!!!!! regardless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you do, i sincerely hope you all are arrested (before you kill me)!

remember (its easy, dammit!) 1 beer in 1 hour = 1 hour of non-alcohol before you drive, 2 beers in one hour = 2 hours, etc., and each hour that goes by takes away one beer, even while still drinking, so do the math, drink slower the later it gets, and have a coffee, or better yet, sip a hot cappuchino, for a full hora before you get behind the steering wheel

p.s. when will bars put in (real) cappuchino/espresso machines? i'm still waiting for my grande double-shot at the end of the night...

drugs (perscription or not) are just as bad (and you can be arrested for driving while on certain perscription drugs as quickly as you can non-legal ones)

don't have a beer if you can't do the time

Last edited: