• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
I need someone that can make curtains for our condo's. :dunno:

Need the large lined ones on a big rod for two gulf front units at One Seagrove Place. Must be heavy duty because these are rentals. We are tired of blinds getting torn up.

Any ideas, names, numbers?

Thanks in advance!

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I think there was a thread and the members name was scojo who sewed? I'd say about a month or two ago.

I also found the heavy duty room darkening liners at Wal-Mart for drapes.
If you are not looking for custom, you could use these behind any pre-made drapery. I was considering using it on the slider doors for the Master bedrooms that face the gulf.

I hate those blinds. I buy replacement slats constantly at Home Depot.

I saw a place with beautiful plantation shutters on the sliders that just opened like bi-folds, but then I saw the price of them and almost had a coronary.

wallymom

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2005
I just made some drapes for a condo unit we just closed on. I am NOT a seamstress, but it's amazing what you can do with a bottle of fabric glue. I used white duck cloth from Wal-Mart ($4.44/yard)...10-foot drapes for four windows cost under $100. They've received rave reviews. Just an idea if you're looking for a deal (and if they get torn up, it's cheap to replace them!).

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I just made some drapes for a condo unit we just closed on. I am NOT a seamstress, but it's amazing what you can do with a bottle of fabric glue. I used white duck cloth from Wal-Mart ($4.44/yard)...10-foot drapes for four windows cost under $100. They've received rave reviews. Just an idea if you're looking for a deal (and if they get torn up, it's cheap to replace them!).

:clap_1: I made my window valances like that. I brought the fabric with me, and used that iron on tape called sew witch or genie or something like that. Then I glued pins from AC Moore on the back of sand dollars and used and pinned them to the valances for definition. It was easy and added a nce touch to the room.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Glue and tape...my kind of sewing!!! :clap_1:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Try Shabby Slips. She does a wide variety of fabric items.

Located in Rosemary Beach. 231-4164.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
Coastal Window Fashions in the plaza with Shades at the Loop is good, too. She was recommended to me by Susan Byrd, manager of Pizitz Home and Cottage in Seaside.