• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

driftwood

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2005
Looking into a 4 br house on 30A. We are planning to rent it out. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas on cost of housekeeping and landscape maintenance fees? :?:

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
House keeping should run $150 or less...landscaping something over $100 per month, based on a visit every two weeks. Pine straw extra.

Kim Smith

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
driftwood said:
Looking into a 4 br house on 30A. We are planning to rent it out. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas on cost of housekeeping and landscape maintenance fees? :?:

We pay per guest. I have a 3 bedroom and I pay around $130.00 per guest. I pay $45.00 for lawn maintenance and that is for maintenance of the weeds once a month and trimming of bushes. Pine Straw and anything else is extra.
I have not heard of anyone charging housekeeping per month for a rental home.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
soozie58 said:
$150 a month for housekeeping???? we pay $75-100 per renter!

I thought the same thing, but I notice that GVM separated the landscaping per month. I bet they pay $150 per turn.

The rental agency does the housekeeping at $175 per cleaning session. If we come for just a weekend, we clean it ourselves, so it costs nothing. We are at the beach often enough that we do our own landscape maintenance. The fee is zero, plus the cost of RoundUp. Twice a year we drive to the self-serve pine straw place (Putnall's) just north of the 331 bridge and buy pine needles. So we spend at most $15 a month for landscape maintenance. Thanks to the philosophy of Randy at the former Gourd Garden, we also preserved the native trees and shrubs, so we spend zero dollars on irrigation.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Runner said:
The rental agency does the housekeeping at $175 per cleaning session. If we come for just a weekend, we clean it ourselves, so it costs nothing. We are at the beach often enough that we do our own landscape maintenance. The fee is zero, plus the cost of RoundUp. Twice a year we drive to the self-serve pine straw place (Putnall's) just north of the 331 bridge and buy pine needles. So we spend at most $15 a month for landscape maintenance. Thanks to the philosophy of Randy at the former Gourd Garden, we also preserved the native trees and shrubs, so we spend zero dollars on irrigation.

I love planted pinestraw, esp in the summer when the temps are in the upper 90's and the beach is calling my name. It is so much better than grass. I think the lawn mower industry created grass.