• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

neice

Beach Lover
Aug 7, 2006
Florala,
Have any of you homeowners ever noticed or thought about how many and how often there had to be more glasses, forks, spoons, blenders, toasters these kinds of things replaced? Two nameless companies I worked for I saw this happen from the supervisor asst. supervisor they needed that item at home or the office and they would bill it to a homeowner and the homeowners are being bill for that the stuff never goes in their house or condo. That is one advantage to having indivdual housekeepers you know when you buy something if it is being put in the unit or not.

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
Have any of you homeowners ever noticed or thought about how many and how often there had to be more glasses, forks, spoons, blenders, toasters these kinds of things replaced? Two nameless companies I worked for I saw this happen from the supervisor asst. supervisor they needed that item at home or the office and they would bill it to a homeowner and the homeowners are being bill for that the stuff never goes in their house or condo. That is one advantage to having indivdual housekeepers you know when you buy something if it is being put in the unit or not.

That is terrible - never thought about it. Thanks for sharing.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I keep track of our monthly statement expenses every month and I visit the cottages about every other month so I can match expenses with what has actually been done. I have never had that happen, though I did notice that once I was charged for a filter that wasn't changed. Wasn't much, but at least the agency/cleaning/filter repair person knows that I stay on top of these things. And I'm typically very appreciative of what the management company does, so they seem me as someone who is not looking for problems, but rather as an active property owner who is aware of what's going on at her cottages. It works for the management company as well as for me.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Property Management Company - Long & Short Term

Hi all,
We've recently learned of a new Property Management company in the area for long & short term rentals. It is our understanding that several companies have exited the business while many of the other well-knowns are not accepting any new clients. If you are interested, please feel free to email us and we will get them in touch with you.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Not sure about details ... that was just some information that was passed along to us recently .... hope it's not someone you are currently using ...

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
We just found out our management company is adding a mandatory "amenity fee" - our rates will be raised 10% (250.00) to cover ...
  • one round of golf per day (based on availablity)
  • one pass to Big Kahuna per day
  • unlimited movie rentals
  • one adult admission to Marine Park

Not too thrilled about this - would rather have the amenity package include beach chairs and bicycle rentals. So... we are looking at new managment companies. Any thoughts?

Has anyone used Sunburst?

Thanks everyone!
If you are currently with BRSW and are thinking of moving to Sunburst, be prepared to kick yourself in the a-- for not doing it sooner. They are lightyears ahead in terms of customer service. They do limit their new clientele and try to choose carefully which homes that they take. They have an actual business plan that includes controlled growth while maintaining excellent customer service. Imagine that. Needless to say, we have been extremely pleased.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
If you are currently with BRSW and are thinking of moving to Sunburst, be prepared to kick yourself in the a-- for not doing it sooner. They are lightyears ahead in terms of customer service. They do limit their new clientele and try to choose carefully which homes that they take. They have an actual business plan that includes controlled growth while maintaining excellent customer service. Imagine that. Needless to say, we have been extremely pleased.
I have heard good things about BRSW. Do they allow owners to book their own guests and use their own proprietary housekeeper?

tariail

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Anyone who can share experience with Emerald Sun Properties, in Seagrove Beach?

Thanks!