• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goin' coastal

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Re: Cleaning company!

What is TWT 512? I guess this was somehow offensive????? I do not have a guest house anyway.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

goin' coastal said:
What is TWT 512? I guess this was somehow offensive????? I do not have a guest house anyway.
[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/member.php?u=174"]SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame]

not offensive, just a SoWaller.

Beach Crazy

cracker
Aug 19, 2005
Arkansas

Smiling JOe said:
Just like "Charles in Charge." I think it is a great idea. TWT 512 also has been pushing for guest houses in SoWal to use for the same purpose. What a waste of space so many people have - empty guest houses. As you state, it could solve so many labor problems. I think the County should strongly encourage it. Estate Managers. Heck, you wouldn't even need a rental company. The Estate Manager would greet the guests, issue keys, give a brief tour of the home pointing out the Guest Book along with Do's and Don'ts of the area. Upon departure, the Estate Manager would handle the check out and clean the unit for the new guests. Marvelous idea!!!

Shoot, go ahead and sign me & my hubby up! What's a little money to give up when we quit our jobs. Talk about a stress free work environment! :clap_1:

The only stipulation we have is that we'll need to work next door to each other!! :love:

Maidnwaiting

Beach Crab
Jul 21, 2006
South Alabama

Hi, I clean condos in destin for resort quest and i get 25.00 for a 1 bedroom 1 bath so that does seem a little high but maybe im just under paid lol. I worked 2 summers in panama and got 80.00 for a 3 bed room 3 bath but after they bumped the pay down to 65.00 i quit for the job in destin. Anyone interested in having your condo cleaned i might be interested depending on the pay.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com

I'm a local and have used 2 cleaning services over the 5+ years I've been here. $200+ dollars that you paid for a 3 BR, 1900sq.ft. home sounds crazy to me, too! I have a 3 BR, 1600+sq.ft. home in Point Washington, two active and crazy boys who are home a lot and a dog (read: lots of mess!) The first service I used (Kasia) came 2x a month and charged $75 each visit. They were really good and thorough and my mom still uses them - they even cleaned my ceiling fans and swept my large wrap around porches. They got too busy in the high season and couldn't commit to coming at a certain time (and I hated to pack the kids up on short notice and vacate for the time they were there) so I changed companies. The second company I used was Bab's cleaning who came once a week and charged me $50 each visit. Again, they were really really good but my discretionary income has temporarily tightened so I had to stop the service much to my dismay. :sosad: I will be calling them (Bab's Cleaning) again, though, once I am able to! PM me if you would like either of their numbers.

neice

Beach Lover
Aug 7, 2006
Florala,

You have very good points in these discussions, first let me say I have cleaned condo/houses on the beach for 8 years and you would not beleive some on the things these housekeepers have to clean. Crap (literally) on the floors, tables, counters, maggots on the stove where things have sit there for weeks, this was mostly found when I worked with a local rental company because they don't want to send no one in to clean it until a couple hours before someone is coming in. Where people have thrown up on the beds, couches from getting drunk you would have to haul out so many beer and whiskey bottles. That is the main reason I work for my self cleaning now. When my home owner calls and tells me the guest left a day early or they leave regular time I go that same day or no later than the next to make sure there are no food or messes left that will create greater messes left unseen about. I don't enjoy cleaning them kind of messes, but in this business you have to take the good with the bad. I enjoy my job very much I take alot of pride in my job. I drive 175 miles aday or more depending on where my houses are. 175 is just from my house to Seagrove. I work off season about 3 days a week and peak 6 & 7 days a week. My point I am making is if you have a good housekeeper keep them and treat them good because most of us that clean drive out of town and you might have 2 good houses out of 5 that is not what we call a wreck or trashed. In peak season we don't have time to be taken a break every 5 minutes if you gonna do 2 or 3 large houses a day and do a good job you don't have time to be playing you got to work and work hard. So I appricate the ones that understand the price we charge and make is very well deserved. I

tobiejo

Beach Comber
Sep 26, 2006

I clean houses and condo's as a side job for much less...reply to this message or email me at tobiejo (at) hotmail (dot) com.

jkuhn

Banned
May 27, 2007
santa rosa beach

For a 1900sf house that price is not to bad. My company is Emerald Clean and will do that size for about 225.00. We are very reliable, and do an absolutly perfect job everytime. We will be proudly serving Destin and all the surrounding areas starting June 15th. You can call us at 724-448-7454 or email Emerald Clean at jkuhn629@yahoo.com

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

If I were in the cleaning business, I would consider charging less for a regular, once a week visit to a primary residence than I would for a rental home of the same size. I've seen what people do in rental homes. In rentals units, I've seen vomit, poop, shrimp peelings left on the table, red wine stains on the ceiling, etc. A 1900sf rental home probably boasts of sleeping 12 people, which they probably get on occasion. The same size primary home probably rarely sleeps as many as 5 people. Knowing the amount of time it takes to thoroughly clean my own house, I would say that $225 might be a good price to get someone to drive to your house, provide cleaning supplies and equipment, and clean up your trash. Cleaning your own mess is one thing, but cleaning another's isn't nearly as nice.