• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
It is probably time to do some letter writing or emailing to public officials if you haven't already done so. I have such a bridge phobia.....especially if it is a bridge with no devider of any kind. They should put New Jersey Barriers down the center of that bridge and post a lower speed limit and enforce it. When we are there, I have to cross that bridge twice every other day to visit my family in DeFuniak.....just thinking about it makes my blood boil:bang: :bang: :pissed: :pissed:

The incredible thing, to me, is that there is legal passing zone on that bridge! If NOTHING else, maybe we can get the DOT to nix the passing zone and put up "No Passing" signs.

I don't know what idiot though a passing zone on a causeway/bridge was a good idea in the first place.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The incredible thing, to me, is that there is legal passing zone on that bridge! If NOTHING else, maybe we can get the DOT to nix the passing zone and put up "No Passing" signs.

I don't know what idiot though a passing zone on a causeway/bridge was a good idea in the first place.

very good idea. okay, where is Peaboy when we need him? he knows how to get a good campaign off the ground... (he got us those traffic lights on 98 at 395 and 383, after screaming and stomping for well over a year at everyone from the county to DOT to the Gov... and he did not stop until it was done.... amazing. no one claims responsibility or ownership of these problems).

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
It is probably time to do some letter writing or emailing to public officials if you haven't already done so. I have such a bridge phobia.....especially if it is a bridge with no devider of any kind. They should put New Jersey Barriers down the center of that bridge and post a lower speed limit and enforce it. When we are there, I have to cross that bridge twice every other day to visit my family in DeFuniak.....just thinking about it makes my blood boil:bang: :bang: :pissed: :pissed:

very good idea. okay, where is Peaboy when we need him? he knows how to get a good campaign off the ground... (he got us those traffic lights on 98 at 395 and 383, after screaming and stomping for well over a year at everyone from the county to DOT to the Gov... and he did not stop until it was done.... amazing. no one claims responsibility or ownership of these problems).

I would be very happy to campaign for what JPreus suggestion of dividers and speed limit signs. Anyone else with ideas or suggestions as to where we could start would be appreciated.
I am glad you are ok Kitty :love:

Last night, I picked up Mr. K at the airport. We decided to go to Nick's on the Bay for dinner, which meant taking Hwy. 20 towards 331. Had a nice dinner and then headed east for home. I was a Nervous Nellie driving that road in the dark and kept commenting on my fear of someone drifting into my lane. Got on the bridge, hugging the stripe on the right, when all of a sudden a pickup truck decided to PASS a car ON the bridge and all I saw were headlights coming right at us! I slowed and got on the shoulder as best I could. Mr. Pickup Driver, you are a perfect example of an idiot behind the wheel. I know so many of you must travel this bridge and road...please be careful.
Jeez, glad you're okay. People really drive crazily south of I-10. Today on 331 between Highway 20 and the bridge, vehicles were passing a moving vehicle at high speed on the RIGHT side because there was too much oncoming traffic to pass on the left. That's just insane and scary!:eek:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
So glad you're ok Miss K. :shock: That bridge was pretty scary in the dark! Think we'll stick with 98/30A from now on.

Sunny Daze

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Southern KY
Miss Kitty, I, too, am happy you are safe from harm. :love:

I even wondered about those strips on the bridge to slow down traffic, or even speed bumps.

Been scared there myself and read too many posts here about injuries/deaths occurring! Too scary :shock:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Glad you didn't have to burn one of your 9 lives on 331 Kitty! 331 from Hwy 20 to 98 is kinda crazy. For whatever reason, it seems to inspire a crazy amount of road rage. :dunno:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
You know, the same thing has happened to me. I've also had big pick up truck drivers get right up on my boot

Ok I have not heard boot in a long time where are you from Rupenzel?

I'm from Georgia, but my car is from Oxford!

I woke about 4:30 this morning and there were a bunch of blue lights flashing on the north side of that bridge. It's just ridiculous. I've lived places where road rage was understandable. This is not one of them.