• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Glad you found it! I was afraid it had fallen into the abyss of MIA Mail From SoWal !!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
:funn: I don't know Mermy. Something just tell's me the first check was never mailed to you. Intuition of mine. ;-)

Did I ever mention my intuition sucks? Apologies to the management company on my part!!! They do good work. :D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Since everyone loves a mystery solved, here's the answer to mine:

Damn kids!

We found the check last night. This is what happened: While we were gone last week to SoWal, Philippa had instructions to bring in the mail and lay it on the kitchen table. She's 100% reliable.

Her brother, however, is not. Alex drove home from college last weekend, arrived as the mail was being delivered, and took the rubber-banded bundle from the mailman. And promptly walked in the house, down the steps to the basement beer fridge (yes DestinDreamin, tell Mr. DD the beer fridge has been resurrected from the dead ;-) ), put the bundle down, grabbed a beer...and promptly forgot to bring the mail back upstairs to its designated spot.

We didn't know he came home that weekend and we haven't been downstairs either, because Philippa had a sleepover with all her girlfriends and didn't straighten out afterwards. As a point of principal, we stayed upstairs until she cleaned up downstairs.

See what a little housekeeping can do? Straightened out the downstairs, and voila! One bundle of missing mail containing not only the missing check but an adorable mermaid letter from Jdarg's even more adorable daughter. :razz:

Young college student is coming home this weekend and is going to get a mouthful of abuse from his mama.

So glad the mystery is solved! And even more glad to hear of the resurrected beer fridge!! Priorities--you know! :D

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
No house is complete without a beer fridge running on vacuum tubes and sealed with duct tape. That also tends to be the fridge where the turkey carcass ends up after Thanksgiving and Christmas. High holiday living is standing in the glow of the beer fridge nibbling on the bird and nestling your beer in the butter bin. Ahhh...:cool:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
No house is complete without a beer fridge running on vacuum tubes and sealed with duct tape. That also tends to be the fridge where the turkey carcass ends up after Thanksgiving and Christmas. High holiday living is standing in the glow of the beer fridge nibbling on the bird and nestling your beer in the butter bin. Ahhh...:cool:

Ahhhh....the mental picture!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Kurt, this thread probably should be in the Lounge by now. :lol: