• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
RiverOtter said:
That's where he plays. When he's not looking for Nicole's killer :D
Maybe that's where he is looking. I hear that the course is a real killer.

STL Don said:
Maybe that's where he is looking. I hear that the course is a real killer.

As I mentioned before I am quite possible the worst golfer in the history of man. I once hit a tee shot where the water was BEHIND me and I still managed to hit the water :blush: . I lost 18 balls at the Hombre before I stopped counting :blush: . Actually that may have been Lagoon Legand. I've played both and lost a ton a balls :D

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
18 holes or 9? My worst round of golf involved 10 lost balls over 9 holes back in high school. The following spring, I gave up on golf and joined the track team instead.

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
Played Club Meadows (not a bad course, but it was swampy due to all the recent rains week before last) all the way in Panama City which is way too far, but they are revamping the old Lagoon Legends course at the Marriott there. It is going to be nice. Jack Nicklaus has his name all over it so it will be a good one. We also played Camp Creek which is one of the nicest courses I've ever played and I've been whacking the dimpled pebble goin' on 25 years or so. The people were super friendly and helpful, just an overall pleasant experience. A little pricey but you get what you pay for.....we played 27 and it was about 95 degrees......don't forget to hydrate........I have played the Hombre in the past and would reccommend those courses as well. Especially before driving all the way into Panama City beach.

rogpurf

Beach Lover
Aug 30, 2005
Midland, MI & Seagrove Beach
Rudyjohn said:
While searching the foums, I did not see any info on golf courses in the area. We'd like to hear what you think, pros & cons, condition/difficulty, expensive, etc.? Is Camp Creek and Santa Rosa Golf Club the only ones in the 30A area?

I played Hombre for the last 11 years. Not long but you have the be accurate. Lots of water. Great golf course. Then I played Windswept. Wide open fairways but traps where your ball wants to go. Another good golf course with a reasonable price.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
I'm don't like Camp Creek but love Santa Rosa and won't drive to Destin...Camp Creek is like one of those corporate, want to be private courses where you can always catch the sales guys w/their credit card entertaining clients or that morning after batchelor party 12some playing slow due to hangovers...To me, SR is "old school" and that's what I prefer...

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Lagoon Ledgend is the best - never played golf there (i don't play golf), but i've spent many an hour in the marshes sampling and just picture taking - heaven for a half racoon/half st andrews beach mouse like me

scallops and oysters and shrimps, OH MY!