• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
Has anyone gone in the past? I know the Grand Tasting on Sat afternoon is already sold out.:sosad: I was too late to get tickets.:bang: Thinking of the Vintner's Dinner on Friday at Bud and Alley's. Would anyone recommend it?

I saw them setting up for it today. The Walton Sun says it starts at 4 PM and costs $85 per person.:eek: What do you get for the $85? For us that'd be four times $85 since BJ and BF (boyfriend) are with us. Is it worth it? I could get into sucking down some good red wine -- oh, that's right, "sipping" is how you're supposed to drink good red wine.;-)

OK. I just called Seaside. It's a Thursday through Sunday thing, and the tickets for the event are $90 each. We got here late last night and are leaving early Sunday so my husband can catch a plane to Paris. So we can't drop in, say, just for the wine tasting this afternoon without paying for all four days. The four of us could buy a crapton of wine for $360.

I'm disappointed we can't participate. :sosad:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
OK. I just called Seaside. It's a Thursday through Sunday thing, and the tickets for the event are $90 each. We got here late last night and are leaving early Sunday so my husband can catch a plane to Paris. So we can't drop in, say, just for the wine tasting this afternoon without paying for all four days. The four of us could buy a crapton of wine for $360.

I'm disappointed we can't participate. :sosad:
Yes, but you can see and be seen unless you take that crapton of wine over to Seaside for consumption. ;-) For some reason, in my mind, "crapton" and good wine should not be used in the same sentence.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
We took a group of wine loving firends from Chicago to the Wine Dinner at Great Southern on Thursday night. Vintner was Calistoga and cost was $75 each. We were impressed with both wine and food courses. Wine was flowing freely! Great job, Great Southern! Loved the YaYa grits!:clap_1: