• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'm sure the pictures will all get posted -- we've scrambled to get the show put together on very short notice. For those of you that're here, please help us get the word out that it's here & will only be up for three days.

will do

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
Thank you Maunsel for placing these paintings at Cerulean's this weekend. I went by earlier today and they are simply beautiful. The comments beside each painting truly enhanced my enjoyment of the artwork.

If you haven't been by yet to see this collection, please do. The paintings are up through tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.

:clap_1: :clap_1:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Thank you Maunsel for placing these paintings at Cerulean's this weekend. I went by earlier today and they are simply beautiful. The comments beside each painting truly enhanced my enjoyment of the artwork.

If you haven't been by yet to see this collection, please do. The paintings are up through tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.

:clap_1: :clap_1:

Ditto to Sunshine's comments.

We went by Cerualean's this afternoon. Don't miss this exhibition.

Mr. White's aunt was a talented artist and captured the unspoiled beauty of the area around Seagrove. Her legacy will, I'm sure, continued to be enjoyed by those who are fortunate enough to see these paintings for many years.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
The paintings are beautiful...thank you for sharing. Will someone do prints?

It would be wonderful to have copies of some of these to purchase.

Brought back some memories of SoWal--the way it used to be.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I had the pleasure of meeting Maunsel and his wife this weekend, and they graciously invited me and DKA back to their home to view the paintings. :clap_1:
I have received all of them via e-mail and I offered to post them along with commentaries. There's even an old video which is quite cool.

There are a lot of them, so I will ask Kurt to help me. ;-) and we'll start a separate thread and put the link to it here also.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I had the pleasure of meeting Maunsel and his wife this weekend, and they graciously invited me and DKA back to their home to view the paintings. :clap_1:
I have received all of them via e-mail and I offered to post them along with commentaries. There's even an old video which is quite cool.

I managed to find time to put a couple of the paintings photos in the General Photo Gallery along with commentaries from Maunsel, and will add to it as I can.

Mary Wyman Bryan Bruns 1905-2000

"Born in 1905 in New Jersey, she moved to New Orleans as an infant., Mrs. Bruns studied in Ogunquit, Maine with Thomas Woodbury, the well known marine artist. Mrs. Bruns wrote and illsutrated feature articles for New Orleans Times Picayune before her marriage and worked as a copywriter and editor for the advertising department of the New Orleans Item from 1946 until 1955. She moved to Seagrove Beach, Florida in 1961 where she resumed her career as a plaine artist using oils and watercolors. She was transfixed by the sublety, variety, and ever changing nature of the natural environment here, and never tired of recording on canvas the beauty and uniqueness of the area. While she sold some of ther paintings, most of her work remains in the hands of her extended family and descendents and therefore seldom seen."

Taken from an art exhibition at Ceruleans

Last edited: