• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
Thanks for the link.
We have family that retired in Bentonville, Ark. and are looking to purchase a place in Blue Mountain Beach. We really like the Seacrest Beach and Seagrove areas. Retirement is only 5 years away for spouse (I retire in 4 months) so we are beginning to investigate the market.

Julie Dorney

Beach Comber
Jul 5, 2006
Hi, has your family found a place in Blue Mountain and are they looking for a home or condo? We just listed our Adagio Unit three weeks ago at a great price. It is brand new, fully furnished, and in the rental program there. It is beautiful and also a great place to rent. We have to sell only because of too much property on 30A. ...I'm also a Razorback since birth and am familiar with Bentonville, AR but living in crazy Atlanta now. Let me know if you would like info on the property.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thanks, CCK. Thinking about quality of life during retirement was the main reason we bought in SoWal. We wanted a community that had mixed ages, families (not only retirees) and good schools, uncrowded beautiful beaches (the white sand that doesn't get hot when walking on it and the emerald color of the water are bonuses), good weather all year round (in other words, livable during the summer and warm enough during the winter) though we'll probably stay up north in the summers and keep renting the cottages out during peak season, not too crowded yet enough people around to keep things interesting, no high-rises/McDonald's, a beautiful environment (even with all the building that has gone on, there still are limits and green space around and lots of parks), no pressure to dress fancy even when going out to dinner, a sense of small-town community, plenty of good restaurants, interesting shops, access to art/music/theater -- in other words, a beautiful not-to-crowded place with good people - and lots to do and no pressure to do it.

The only reason I don't want time to speed up so that we can retire and move to SoWal is that it would mean that our kids would be growing up too fast and I'll miss them when they move out :sosad: So, we'll enjoy the best of both worlds right now -- a bustling family life in the north and vacationing together in SoWal.