• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Moondance said:
(with implicit power, authority and control continuing to reside in Him). ...... Sueshore, absolutely no doubt that He was directing the dozer, .... And the kicker is that He "rode herd" over the process over several days last week (undoubtedly continuing today) in His vehicle up and down the GT beachfront.
The only possible explanation I can fathom is that the temporary suspension of permits for 60 days after Dennis has given Him the utmost latitude in "shoring up" damaged properties, but I don't know.

Glad you're not :bow: ing to Him, the self-proclaimed God of Gulf Trace!
Hang in there Moondance!

Sueshore said:
Willing, but not so able! How do I email this thread to the outlets listed? Is it counterproductive to have the "earl the squirrel", etc. chatter included? One fine day, I might just find out ALL the neat things these computers do...in the mean time I am co-dependent with my family!

Good point. When I have received email from Walton County officals in the past it had a disclaimer/warning that correspondence to that office may be subject to open records. That understood, I personally have no problem with any public official reviewing the thoughts, opinions and concerns expressed on a public message board, i.e., that ship has sailed.

FYI, regarding an email of a link to a discussion thread, highlight the entire http://... web address of a given page, then right click "Copy," then go to your email and paste the link by hitting right click "Paste." Alternately, one could carefully type the address and it will create a link in the body of the email.

Good luck!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Got it! I know you'll have my back when those sheriff friends come to get me...and if I get hit by a cattle trailer in Oct. ...remember this thread!!!!

Sueshore said:
Got it! I know you'll have my back when those sheriff friends come to get me...and if I get hit by a cattle trailer in Oct. ...remember this thread!!!!

Cattle trailer, bulldozer, or another large vehicle and it's at least as likely to occur ON the GT beachfront as on a private street. ;-) I guess it's a (really) private beach after all? Go figger.

We'll keep an eye out for you though...

Richard

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2005
Moondance said:
Sueshore, absolutely no doubt that He was directing the dozer, giving the operator "up the country" about where, how, how high, how long, which properties, which priority, etc. And the kicker is that He "rode herd" over the process over several days last week (undoubtedly continuing today) in His vehicle up and down the GT beachfront. Yes, really. Maybe some feudal perk, but I was pretty sure that was prohibited on GT. I guess I'll be trucking my own 4WD down there next visit... :idea:

The only possible explanation I can fathom is that the temporary suspension of permits for 60 days after Dennis has given Him the utmost latitude in "shoring up" damaged properties, but I don't know. It seems to me that all or most need to be demolished. And I don't know where to go for answers. Cindy Meadows perhaps?? :clap_1: Or Smiling JOe?? :bow:

More later (soon).

I believe that contractors with permits can have heavy equipment on the beach doing work, but those permits, which I do believe do come under that 60 day special deal, have restrictions. No work can beginning before 9 AM or until the Turtle Watch Group has cleared the area. Heavy equipment is not allowed on the beach overnight but the county has been failing to enforce this requirement.

If Ray does not have a permit to do work on the beach he is likely in violation of county rules and regulations if he is out there in a vehicle. There are only a couple of places in the county where vehicles are allowed on the beach and then they must have a permit. Grayton Beach is one. I don't know that there is anything that says he can't direct permitted contractors.

The planning department should be able to provide more information. Call code enforcement if you suspect there have been violations like leaving the equipment on the beach overnight. They can be reached at 622-0000.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Richard said:
I believe that contractors with permits can have heavy equipment on the beach doing work, but those permits, which I do believe do come under that 60 day special deal, have restrictions. No work can beginning before 9 AM or until the Turtle Watch Group has cleared the area. Heavy equipment is not allowed on the beach overnight but the county has been failing to enforce this requirement.

If Ray does not have a permit to do work on the beach he is likely in violation of county rules and regulations if he is out there in a vehicle. There are only a couple of places in the county where vehicles are allowed on the beach and then they must have a permit. Grayton Beach is one. I don't know that there is anything that says he can't direct permitted contractors.

The planning department should be able to provide more information. Call code enforcement if you suspect there have been violations like leaving the equipment on the beach overnight. They can be reached at 622-0000.

(Refering to the bold print above) unless he is directing them to scrape the beach to use for shoring up his property.

Smiling JOe said:
(Refering to the bold print above) unless he is directing them to scrape the beach to use for shoring up his property.

Didn't mean to suggest that he was scraping. The bulk of the sand being moved was from a dumped or machine-deposited sand berm line in front of the various properties. It was about 8' high and probably 100+ yards long (a nice pile :shock: ).

What I don't know is where the sand came from, whether it was the proper color, hue, density, grade,etc. (it appeared to be slightly grayer, but better than I've seen in other areas), and whether the material moved was all sand, or might have had hay or some other filler? :dunno: There was hay all over the piles and several farm vehicles all over the neighborhood.

Speaking of low-grade sand, does anyone know what color, type, consistency of sand/dirt is currently filling the geotubes (and soon to be on the beach along with the tubes)??

By the way, the dozer was moved moved up to the street every night I thought to check. And I'm not going soft, just trying to be even-handed and fair with my comments/observations. Just the facts, ma'am.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
MD...HAY and FARM ANIMALS? George Orwell had a very big impact on me in high school...did these animals carry slogans on signs? (perhaps you could catch some and put words of wisdom on them) Just curious...what kind of animals are there at the Gulf Trace Petting Zoo? Speaking of zoos...have you spoken to EARL in person? Speaking of crazy, this is another chapter for the book someone should be writing!

Fair and balanced...thanks for the update.

EDIT: Ah bull....I just read your post again...FARM VEHICLES. Drat, I really like farm animals so much better.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
HAY there! (thanks to kimmifunn) I am about to go DOZE off for a bit. Does earl keep his BULL in the cattle trailers at night? What about the rest of the ZOO?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore said:
MD...HAY and FARM ANIMALS? George Orwell had a very big impact on me in high school...did these animals carry slogans on signs? (perhaps you could catch some and put words of wisdom on them) Just curious...what kind of animals are there at the Gulf Trace Petting Zoo? Speaking of zoos...have you spoken to EARL in person? Speaking of crazy, this is another chapter for the book someone should be writing!

Fair and balanced...thanks for the update.

EDIT: Ah bull....I just read your post again...FARM VEHICLES. Drat, I really like farm animals so much better.

I do hear there is one Jack_ss that lives in Gulf Trace and he answers to the name earl.