• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Oooo, Seagrover is mad at me now. I "misplaced" Bird a few years ago and now she wants it back. Uh oh.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I can pretty much tell. They are surely not the pretty ones. He was very old so you have to look at the lines. Moses hand has been shaky for 20 years. His works had alot of splatter and very raw. You gotta use alot of gut instinct.

The reason why I ask for authenticity is I purchased a painting (watermelon) and on the back it was labeled original with something that looks like a serial number.
I had heard his kids are painting on his behalf.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I am starting to think there must be hundreds, if not thousands of these Mose T paintings out there. Could anybody drive to his house and swap a quick painting for booze? Didn't the kids get in on the act? Bobby J, you might be able to make a career out of identifying the genuine ones.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I am starting to think there must be hundreds, if not thousands of these Mose T paintings out there. Could anybody drive to his house and swap a quick painting for booze? Didn't the kids get in on the act? Bobby J, you might be able to make a career out of identifying the genuine ones.

Thousands were painted by the kids. I had some wild times up there. One time his son tried to beat me up for a cigarette. I would have given him one but I do not smoke so I was in a rough situation.... Mose looks over at me and says, "Boy, hand me that hammer"! I give him a hammer laying on a table in his bedroom. He raises it high in the air and looks at his son and says, "N*****, I'll bust you over your head if you don't leave that boy alone"! His son left me alone. Anyway, it is really hard to tell but even if a kid did one they are a part of Southern history. Send pics and I give it a shot. I will post some photos I have of Mose T soon! He will be missed!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Thousands were painted by the kids. I had some wild times up there. One time his son tried to beat me up for a cigarette. I would have given him one but I do not smoke so I was in a rough situation.... Mose looks over at me and says, "Boy, hand me that hammer"! I give him a hammer laying on a table in his bedroom. He raises it high in the air and looks at his son and says, "N*****, I'll bust you over your head if you don't leave that boy alone"! His son left me alone. Anyway, it is really hard to tell but even if a kid did one they are a part of Southern history. Send pics and I give it a shot. I will post some photos I have of Mose T soon! He will be missed!

Great story!:clap_1: