• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
stormweary said:
:dunno: Hasn't anyone been to Bermuda - the most beautiful island ever - Aly's Beach is based on Bermuda architecture - however, they do have a lot of pink houses there, certainly not all white. I'm going to have to take a ride down there and see how it is coming along. Don't you just love the Aly's Beach vehicle as seen in their parking lot and in the Seaside 4th of July parade! :cool:

Bermuda....not my fav. Lots of pink houses with white concrete roofs though. To be fair, we went in early August...hottest vacation I can ever remember...no breeze. Also, we stayed at the Pink Beach Club. My daughter coined a new phrase there...."Tropical Dirty Dancing"!

Let us know how Alys is coming along!

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
I heard a rumor that the sales agents at Alys Beach are making lots of calls to try to drum up people willing to buy lots. Apparently, lots of people have lost interest and they are trying to find buyers. I also heard a rumor that they are changing the method of offering properties for sale (won't be sealed bid in the future). Can anyone confirm the rumors based on direct contact with someone at Alys?

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
On one of our many outings, we drove past Alys Beach one night and they were hosting something. It could have been a tour. There was a torch lined path down to the beach. I have to say it does look different than anything else in the area. Not sure whether I like it or not. I'm a pastel kind of girl. I enjoyed reading the article about the Grandmother who inspired the neighborhood.

stormweary said:
:dunno: Hasn't anyone been to Bermuda - the most beautiful island ever - Aly's Beach is based on Bermuda architecture - however, they do have a lot of pink houses there, certainly not all white. I'm going to have to take a ride down there and see how it is coming along. Don't you just love the Aly's Beach vehicle as seen in their parking lot and in the Seaside 4th of July parade! :cool:
Oh, yes, we've been to Bermuda many times. We loved staying at Ariel Sands where they have a saltwater pool where you can swim with the tropical fish. On one visit when we took our daughter at age two, she pointed to the fish and said, "Oh, my goodness! Dose are gorgeous!" We still tease her about that. Guess you had to be there.

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
Five years from now I bet that eastern end of 30A will be phenomenal. Once Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach and Watersound are more developed it should be quite fun to bike or walk between them. The visual contrast between the architecture of the areas will be amazing.

CJ

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Pt. Washington
Last I heard Alys Beach was interviewing people to see if they would allow them to purchase their very expensive property. None of the friends I have who have been through the interview process have been called. Maybe they did not make the cut.

My husband and I have discussed opening a sunglass shop there...it would make a killing.

The place is beautiful, there is no denying it, blinding or not. You would have to be blinded not to think so.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
CJ said:
Last I heard Alys Beach was interviewing people to see if they would allow them to purchase their very expensive property. None of the friends I have who have been through the interview process have been called. Maybe they did not make the cut.

My husband and I have discussed opening a sunglass shop there...it would make a killing.

The place is beautiful, there is no denying it, blinding or not. You would have to be blinded not to think so.

Excuse me....did you say interviewing? This sounds like NYC kinda' stuff!

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
Five years from now I bet that eastern end of 30A will be phenomenal. Once Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach and Watersound are more developed it should be quite fun to bike or walk between them. The visual contrast between the architecture of the areas will be amazing.

Might take another 5 years times 5 years for Alys and Watersound to be on solid footing. Due to the unusual architectural style at Alys, it has been the lease successful of all developments along 30A. People just aren't warming up to the place.

It would be interesting to see the total number of sales in Alys in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 compared to the other major developments along 30A. Watercolor seems to have the most robust sales by a long shot and Alys appears to be way, way behind the rest of the pack.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Might take another 5 years times 5 years for Alys and Watersound to be on solid footing. Due to the unusual architectural style at Alys, it has been the lease successful of all developments along 30A. People just aren't warming up to the place.

It would be interesting to see the total number of sales in Alys in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 compared to the other major developments along 30A. Watercolor seems to have the most robust sales by a long shot and Alys appears to be way, way behind the rest of the pack.

Looks like they are going backwards, I see at least two lots re-puchased by Ebsco from buyers. I wonder if that was to prevent foreclosure sales from popping up?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Define warming up to. Every event they've held in the last 2 years has been packed to the point that parking was difficult.

The price point may be a little high for this area, but they are far from in trouble.