• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

marlinman

Beach Comber
Nov 25, 2006
I have been fishing in the mouths of the Choctawhatchee lately - with NO LUCK! I hear rumors of striper and redfish moving in, but still no luck.

I've been using crank-bates, and rattle-traps - but obviously need some other "local" pointers!! Can somebody help me???

Thanks
Marlilnman - (or so I think)

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
and they move - continually - up and down the river - i like to pick my spot, crack a bottle and wait for them to come by near the turn of the tide - cast in front of the line with live or dead shrimp and nothing else but a hook - if you miss you cast again, but at somepoint they will be gone away, in which case you get to try again tomorrow, and the next and the next and the next and the next

kingfishn

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach
www.myspace.com
The "ditch"...(intercoastal near the mouth of the river)..DOA's, live, fresh dead shrimp, plastic grubs..for specks (stripers??)..C-note for 'strippers'...my GPS
# for a good spot...is fish off Kurt's dock...but...shhhhhhh

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
"Shrimpers-4.95/lb" dead shrimp cut in 1/2 on a 1/4oz jighead will work fine...No need to hunt down live shrimp...Good Luck