• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

futurebeachbum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Snellsburg, GA
www.myfloridacottage.com
I set up an OverTheAir HD receiver when we were down there last week and all I could pick up was ABC (WMBB) and 4 educational channels.

Is this because I have a crappy antenna or is that pretty much all that is available? I noticed that WMBB was also the only local HD I could get from the cable company.

Thanks

futurebeachbum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Snellsburg, GA
www.myfloridacottage.com
I can also pick up CBS out of Dothan from our 4th Floor Condo in Seagrove Beach using an indoor silver sensor antenna.

Interesting. That implies it might be a problem with my antenna. Its only mounted about 15 feet above the ground. Height could also be the problem. The antenna I was trying to use is really and outdoor FM antenna. Looks like I need to buy a better antenna and mount it higher.

pennstater

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
NJ/Inlet Beach

futurebeachbum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Snellsburg, GA
www.myfloridacottage.com

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
just got dish network - 18 hd channels and growing fast - for 29 bucks a month!

way better than cable

yes it goes off (searching for satellite signal) when it rains really really hard, but then it comes right back on in a minute or two

my cable used to go off all the time when it rained and they took their sweet time getting it back on, too

and then i found out they are just rebroadcasting the freaking exact same satellite (just un-branded) over the cable!

jeez!

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Isn't it $29 on top of the monthly fee. I know mediacom is about the same. My advice is wait. All stations were to have begun HD broadcasting 2 years ago only to be pushed back. And the standards are not set in stone. Is it 720p,1080i or 1380. Watch movies in HD. Most broadcasts are only upconverted to HD from standard def. which completely distorts the picture. Plus who wants to see Panama City's broadcasters in HD it'll probably crack your screen when Joe Moore comes on.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
I set up an OverTheAir HD receiver when we were down there last week and all I could pick up was ABC (WMBB) and 4 educational channels.

Is this because I have a crappy antenna or is that pretty much all that is available? I noticed that WMBB was also the only local HD I could get from the cable company.

Thanks

So did you try this antenna? Did it work?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Has anyone gotten an HD cable box from Mediacom? Do they offer them yet? How much $ over standard service?