• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Seagrove Villas coming down in 2007

As developers of Nature-Walk at Seagrove searched for beach access for the community now under construction on County Road 395, Seagrove Villas was offered for sale.
Rick Olson, of Olson and Associates of NW Florida and NatureWalk developer, had previously described the purchase of two homes on the beach near the intersection of County Roads 30A and 395 as the possible location of beach access for the new community.
With the purchase of the Seagrove Villas property, a mile and a half from NatureWalk, Olson?s company initiated neighborhood outreach meetings with local property owners to discuss ideas, questions and concerns about the project.
The proposed project includes a beach club with two swimming pools, spas and 300 feet of beach frontage. Also planned is a 2,400-square-foot retail shop, a gulf-front restaurant, underground parking and shuttle service between the beach club site and NatureWalk. Twentyone beachfront condos are part of the project.
Following the neighborhood meetings, project plans have been modifi ed to address community needs and have been resubmitted to the county staff for review.
There will be a public hearing before the Walton County Planning Commission in January. If the project receives approval from Planning, it will be reviewed by the Board of County Commissioners in a second public hearing in February.
If the project is approved, Seagrove Villas will be demolished after
Labor Day, 2007. Developers anticipate the new beach club project will be
completed in 2009.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I figured something like this would happen after Al Flowers passed away. :sosad:

Old Seagrove, all gone. Bye-bye.

lurker1

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2005
SoWal
I figured something like this would happen after Al Flowers passed away. :sosad:

Old Seagrove, all gone. Bye-bye.

The cottages to be demolished are the ones on the south side of 30A, which the Flowers family sold long ago. We'll still have the ones on the north side, for now, anyway. They are currently listed for sale.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Seagrove Villas coming down in 2007

As developers of Nature-Walk at Seagrove searched for beach access for the community now under construction on County Road 395, Seagrove Villas was offered for sale.
Rick Olson, of Olson and Associates of NW Florida and NatureWalk developer, had previously described the purchase of two homes on the beach near the intersection of County Roads 30A and 395 as the possible location of beach access for the new community.
With the purchase of the Seagrove Villas property, a mile and a half from NatureWalk, Olson?s company initiated neighborhood outreach meetings with local property owners to discuss ideas, questions and concerns about the project.
The proposed project includes a beach club with two swimming pools, spas and 300 feet of beach frontage. Also planned is a 2,400-square-foot retail shop, a gulf-front restaurant, underground parking and shuttle service between the beach club site and NatureWalk. Twentyone beachfront condos are part of the project.
Following the neighborhood meetings, project plans have been modifi ed to address community needs and have been resubmitted to the county staff for review.
There will be a public hearing before the Walton County Planning Commission in January. If the project receives approval from Planning, it will be reviewed by the Board of County Commissioners in a second public hearing in February.
If the project is approved, Seagrove Villas will be demolished after
Labor Day, 2007. Developers anticipate the new beach club project will be
completed in 2009.

:sosad: This makes me so, so sad. Just give me the hammocks, views, beauty of what it is now, over this foo foo crap anyday!!!!!

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
I deal with this underground parking issue all the time and also with underground space for wineries. It is generally envisioned as a way to increase density or to reduce visual impact. And I can tell you that more than 90 percent of the time, this concept is either not even close to being economically feasible and/or runs afoul because of a high water table. With one winery where we had a slightly sandy condition on the site, we ended up with a requirement that the underground cellar would be pumped out 24/7 during the rainy season, just to keep the groundwater out. If the client had it to do over, they would take a pass. They were trying to create the illusion of a wine cave. It is beautiful, to be sure, but horribly expensive and pretty noisy when those pumps are running. I would be very surprised if an underground parking garage could work in that location. People do not think, they just hope and stumble. :bang: