• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Travel2Much said:
Having just made the call to have my SoWal house boarded, now it looks like I might be evacuating to SoWal (from New Orleans) in a day or so.

Hurricane Season. Gotta Love it.

Head west or north. ;-)

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Check out this link http://www.weatherunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/show.html

Good explanation about Katrina's track. Looks like she is becoming a greater threat to New Orleans. That is very bad. Good news is that Dr. Masters doesn't think she'll reach cat4 because of the dry air from the north. You can see it on Kurt's link of the satellite water vapor loop. The dry air is red.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Travel2Much said:
Having just made the call to have my SoWal house boarded, now it looks like I might be evacuating to SoWal (from New Orleans) in a day or so.

Hurricane Season. Gotta Love it.

As mentioned in another thread, if this thing hits NOLA as a Cat 4...well, I just don't want to think about it.

Maybe they're all wrong and it will continue west straight into Mexico.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
tropicwatch said:
After the latest forecast tracks came out, Katrina started showing a northward component to its movement.
Model Tracks & Floater Image

I don't see it yet - probably a wobble.

4pm CST - KATRINA IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-SOUTHWEST NEAR 8 MPH. THIS MOTION IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE THIS EVENING...WITH A GRADUAL TURN TOWARDTHE WEST EXPECTED ON SATURDAY.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER AT 8 PM EDT FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 11 PMEDT.

Last edited:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
tropicwatch said:
I think they will shift the model tracks back eastward. After the latest forecast tracks came out, Katrina started showing a northward component to its movement. If this continues, the models will definitely shift eastward again.

Model Tracks & Floater Image

Disagree. We need some positive karma here and you ain't providing it, bro.

tropicwatch

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2005
tropicwatch.info
I would love for it to go to LA. or even furher west. It might have just been a one time wobble. For those with Knology Channel 29 is a radar channel and is set on Katrina. Watching to see if the trend continues.

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
Camp Creek Kid said:
.... Looks like she is becoming a greater threat to New Orleans. That is very bad. ... .

People here (in NOLA) aren't getting worried at all, yet. Very calm. Just watching it to see when it turns N, which would be the real indicator on probable landfall. If it heads any further west, then there will be pandemonium here tomorrow, but SoWal then might be in the clear. It's that last minute right hook it is supposed to do which alarms me. Ivan was like that--was like a bullet towards NOLA, then turned NE the morning b/f.

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2005
We have a place in the French Quarter in NO that's our second home - a Cat 4 and higher in New Orleans could put water twenty or more feet above our doorstep if the surge from the Lake broke the levies - I don't want it here, but it really doesn't need to go there. Major loss of life, city probably wouldn't be inhabitable for weeks - maybe months. Baad news.

I'm hoping for Mexico or Gary, IN

Travel2Much

Beach Lover
Jun 13, 2005
WaltonUndercurrent said:
We have a place in the French Quarter in NO that's our second home - a Cat 4 and higher in New Orleans could put water twenty or more feet above our doorstep if the surge from the Lake broke the levies - I don't want it here, but it really doesn't need to go there. Major loss of life, city probably wouldn't be inhabitable for weeks - maybe months. Baad news.

I'm hoping for Mexico or Gary, IN

Oh please, let's not start yet with the "hurricane hitting NOLA" scenario. I expect it tomorrow night on the evening news ("Well, Bob, we expect that 1/2 will die from the flooding, and the other half 1/2 will die from exposure after being trapped on their roof for days fending off snakes and alligators..." (with nifty simulations on exactly how this will occur)).

It's that little extra lagniappe that makes Louisiana stand apart from the rest.

We'll start freaking (and/or drinking) in a day or so if this continues. The ax, BTW, is to chop through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.