• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
In the space between 25 Central Square (where Fermentations was) and Fusion Art Glass, a new 4-story mixed use building will be erected. It will be similar in scope to the mixed-use buildings on the East and West sides of the square.

It will be called the Lyceum Gateway project and construction is set to begin within the next few weeks. It will be 6 connected buildings, each with retail space on the 1st floor with residential above.

landlord

Beach Lover
I recently heard that the plan is to first build new structures where the airstreams currently sit, perhaps with construction beginning in January '06. Upon completion, the Perspicasity shops would move there, at which time a new building could be built on that site.

BTW...Jan, the sushi chef, closed yesterday permanently. I was very disappointed because i thought that he had fantastic sushi. He and his wife plan to move back to Germany.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
landlord said:
I recently heard that the plan is to first build new structures where the airstreams currently sit, perhaps with construction beginning in January '06. Upon completion, the Perspicasity shops would move there, at which time a new building could be built on that site.

BTW...Jan, the sushi chef, closed yesterday permanently. I was very disappointed because i thought that he had fantastic sushi. He and his wife plan to move back to Germany.

Thanks for the info. I hate that Jorn is leaving.

I also don't like the idea of them building that close to the road.

Last edited:

Georgian

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2005
The sushi may be good but I've never liked the idea of the airstreams. Smaller buildings that blend better with the "Seaside" style would have been more appropriate. But then again, I'm also not a fan of the large concrete South Beach looking building on the left side of the Market in Seaside. Robert Davis had such a good thing going and has provided an excellent example of how to develop a quality project. Perhaps he thought he was still in Miami when he approved the airstreams and the South Beach building. Please If you're going to throw trash around don't throw it on 30A throw it towards Panama City Beach where they seem to welcome it. By the way, If I buy the remaining lot near Josephine's can I put a doublewide on it. It would be a lot cheaper then building a "Seaside" house and it will blend better with the new south Florida theme.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
just returned from 30A and I do have a few questions. There is now a small sign on a lot on the south side of 30a across from the Seagrove market that say "Property of Seacrest Corp", is this for the new condo/hotel going up at the market, or for some other development? Two cinderblock homes have been bought there also and I understand someone is building a beach club for a real estate development, is this for Natures Walk or another one?
The term "funkey" and "30A" will no longer be in the same sentence, but that's OK, no one on these sites hasn't made a dollor or two on real esate appreciation.
I did notice a couple of "watercolor" lots come "down" in price since they are close to the end of the flipping "fuse"(someone has to break ground), not a hole in the bubble, just a lack of new air. Like the stock market, you have to have a sideways or even slightly downward move before you can go to higher ground. (Lets not talk of 2000 in the stock market since those are INTANGIBLE ASSETS).

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Buckhead Rick said:
just returned from 30A and I do have a few questions. There is now a small sign on a lot on the south side of 30a across from the Seagrove market that say "Property of Seacrest Corp", is this for the new condo/hotel going up at the market, or for some other development? Two cinderblock homes have been bought there also and I understand someone is building a beach club for a real estate development, is this for Natures Walk or another one?

That lot belongs to D. Harris, as does the house up the street. He developed Seacrest, and is working on the Estuary. Mr. Harris has seen the inside of the Federal Pen., and it is my guess that he is using the Seacrest sign to avoid paying taxes in some way-- this is only my guess. It is not a part of the new Seagrove Downtown.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
That lot belongs to D. Harris, as does the house up the street. He developed Seacrest, and is working on the Estuary. Mr. Harris has seen the inside of the Federal Pen., and it is my guess that he is using the Seacrest sign to avoid paying taxes in some way-- this is only my guess. It is not a part of the new Seagrove Downtown.

I figured he was building a spec house when I saw the sign.