• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Brad I am in favor of adding another walkdown. Especially at that site on West of the Villas. With the added developements occurring in Seagrove(Naturewalk, Watercolor[east of 395],Hammocks and I think one more South of Publics) we need more accesses. And if that Beachclub goes in then definately we could use another. I know DEP hates that idea. But they hate the walls and tubes yet blatently allowed them to be onto Public beach. Parking is however the breaker since we've overbuilt w/o dealing with beach parking. This section of beach will soon be overwhelmed during the high season. Contrary to Naturewalk's "statistics".
If Greenwood is done by May(skeptical) then it'd be 2 months shy of 2 years. But yes it's been 18 months and counting. And maybe it won't have to be replaced ever again. What is the life expentancy for it?
As to tagging items on the beach, great idea. I'd apply but my day rate is assurredly to high for the County.
I never minded the extra walk/bike to Andulsia. But in these 18 months there's not enough bike parking and the amount of beach chairs left above and below are a nuisance.
I know we'll always have ignorant tourists & residents that trash it for the rest of us. It's the American way. But a new sign suggesting to people only Mother Nature is at work here. She won't pick up after you. Or simply leave no trace might suffice. But thanks for the response. I do appreciate it.
Happy Holidays.

Sorry for the delay, but even us government types get holidays :D

On the first one, there is an access on the west side of Seagrove Villas and four in total between Seagrove Villas and Hwy 395. This stretch of beach is about 1,100 feet in length, so there is roughly one every 250 feet.

Second one, I expect you to be on the beach with me for the ribbon cutting when the access is opened and we will post pictures on sowal :D

Keep the questions and suggestions coming, I appreciate them.

Brad