• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Anyone have any clue why a Walton County Code Enforcement truck (you know, the fancy boondoggle babies the county bought) would be cruising on the beach (I mean, ON the sand!) at Grayton Beach State Park yesterday afternoon? I mean, other than it was a gorgeous day to play hooky and go to the beach?

Uhhhh....seems to me there are no structures there to enforce code on!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't know, but they have to cross GBSP to access other parts of the beach which do have structures and seawalls.

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Anyone have any clue why a Walton County Code Enforcement truck (you know, the fancy boondoggle babies the county bought) would be cruising on the beach (I mean, ON the sand!) at Grayton Beach State Park yesterday afternoon? I mean, other than it was a gorgeous day to play hooky and go to the beach?

Uhhhh....seems to me there are no structures there to enforce code on!

They are the County Agency that is now responsible for enforcing the Beach Activities Ordinance since the last BA Coordinator left. They are working with the TDC to continue the program of identifying abandoned structures on the beach for us to remove.

No joyriding, but hopefully cleaner beaches.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
They are the County Agency that is now responsible for enforcing the Beach Activities Ordinance since the last BA Coordinator left. They are working with the TDC to continue the program of identifying abandoned structures on the beach for us to remove.

No joyriding, but hopefully cleaner beaches.

Thanks, Brad. At least those fancy schmancy pickups are being put to good use!