• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
I just heard that St. Joe dropped the initiation fee for the Watersound Beach Club from $20,000 to $3,000. Members that paid $20k will get a refund for the difference. I'll wouldn't be surprised to see something happen with Camp Creek golf club initiation fees over the next year or so too. St. Joe is getting desperate or wise.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I just heard that St. Joe dropped the initiation fee for the Watersound Beach Club from $20,000 to $3,000. Members that paid $20k will get a refund for the difference. I'll wouldn't be surprised to see something happen with Camp Creek golf club initiation fees over the next year or so too. St. Joe is getting desperate or wise.

That's what the "big dogs" do-do.

:cool:

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
That's what the "big dogs" do-do.

:cool:

Actually Shelly, what prompted the fee reduction was WS property owners. Most of us don't live there full time, and everyone felt a fee adjusted was indicated. It's an excellent decision by St. Joe for the benefit of the property owners in the development.:clap_1:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
For those of you WaterSound owners who belong to the beach club, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how good the food is at the restaurant. I have had dinner twice and was pleased at the quality, presentation and price. I hope JOE will open it up to the general public this summer. There are now over 175 members at the Beach Club.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
SHELLY

Y not?
I personally do not believe in the exclusivity of a "private" restaurant in a members only beach club. Why shouldn't outsiders enjoy the restaurant and bar after 6pm. It brings in added revenue to JOE and makes for a more lively and interesting place to hang out. It is a great place to enjoy....it would be a shame if it was not utilized.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Because the members are paying a premium in order to separate themselves from the great "unwashed" (or "outsiders").

Coming from a background in Private Country Clubs, I can assure you that many of the members are not looking for exclusivity, but rather, the services which the clubs offer.

I know that WaterSound (what was once called WaterSound North) has lots starting around $150K, and is offering price breaks on membership at Camp Creek Golf Course and WaterSound Beach Club. I would guess that selling these lesser priced lots created some incentive for reducing the cost of membership to the Club, otherwise, they wouldn't be able to easily pitch the Beach Club to the new buyers on these lots in WaterSound.

Just to help spread the word and keep us all straight, WaterSound's sales team is now using "WaterSound Beach," to describe the property south of 30A, and "WaterSound," to descibe the community north of Hwy 98.

Last edited:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Come on Shelly...you aren't really that much of a snob. The membership fee was $3000 and the monthly dues are $150. At those rates I became a member and would also consider myself part of the great "unwashed " and damn proud of it. We are not talking Augusta National snooty.
Just tried to make a suggestion that the restaurant and bar be opened to all after 6pm. I am possitive most of the members feel the way I do. It would be a shame if the place wasn't enjoyed. The two times I was there it was practically empty. When the season starts renters will be able to use it and the bar and restaurant should do well but I am sure it will never get fully used. As far as the restaurant is concerned, members and renters at WaterSound would get first preference for reservations. The restaurant and bar are special places because of the awesome views.....why shouldn't outsiders enjoy if the members do not object ??