• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
Produce stand ( I do miss the Produce Station in Ann Arbor), Whole Foods, a CVS somewhere on 98 between Blue Mountain and Rosemary Beach and a great Park complete with basketball hoops, merry go round, swings, a track around the perimeter (so you can run and watch your kids at the same time) and a Rocket slide! I am also pulling for the movie theater in Sandestin.

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
Let me see, we need more Attorney's & Real Estate Sales People.:rotfl:

Oh wait, I think Iam read this wrong?? I thought you asked "what do we want to plant in 30'A's cemetery's"?

Been away for awhile & just wanted to say Happy New Year with a little humor. :funn:

T

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Well once again, speaking of PC, the answer to the "Parks" question is PC-B, Panama City Beach that is. Frank Brown Park is about a 20 minute drive from 30A, but well worth it. Ball diaomonds, soccer fields, rugby, basketball, tennis, swimming pool, security, its all there. Clean and extremely family friendly. Easy access and lots of parking. Unfortunately the grass has too high $$$$ on it here to use it on parks or playgrounds.
Yes, a great park......

I thought Frank Brown Park was restricted to league and tournament play, and that the public was not welcome to use the fields unless they signed up on a team and paid the fees. Do you know differently?
HMMMMMMMM, I dont know about that....when Little ibd plays soccer it seemed that there were people out there just playing on a field. I guess calling would be the best bet.....

CiaoBella

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2005
If a large childcare facility located in Freeport, how many parents from So Wal do you think would drive there for child care? One of my best friends lives in Freeport and is a realtor, we are in shock that a few things are locating there but the town still has no decent grocery store. She and I laugh now at the demand, when we were growing up nobody really wanted to live there. Of course we are also furious with our parents and grandparents for not buying up all the beach. Its funny how nobody wanted it back then because you couldn't grow anything on it.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
If a large childcare facility located in Freeport, how many parents from So Wal do you think would drive there for child care? One of my best friends lives in Freeport and is a realtor, we are in shock that a few things are locating there but the town still has no decent grocery store. She and I laugh now at the demand, when we were growing up nobody really wanted to live there. Of course we are also furious with our parents and grandparents for not buying up all the beach. Its funny how nobody wanted it back then because you couldn't grow anything on it.

Come on, are you saying that Kelly's is a decent grocery store? :roll:

When my mother was on "restriction" due to chemo and wasn't allowed to go anywhere she might pick up an infection, I forbade her to even enter Kelly's.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

My guess is that you could fill up several buildings full of SoWal kids every day.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Day Care business would be well received for sure. My guess is that the liability would be extremely high, and enough to scare me away. Finding qualified and reliable people to help supervise the kids would also prove to be difficult. I am sure they exists, but you would have to work hard to keep them. As for the Freeport location, I think it would depend on your location in Freeport. The closer to SoWal, the more filled it might be.

Last edited: