• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
Luckily for me, due to a series of "errors" (forgive me if that's not the correct word- I will call them right now since I can't think of another word pre-caffeine), during the sale and closing, I have a special lot with no buildout.

It's a lovely lot on the Cypress Pond in beautiful Cypress Dunes, which continues to get positive press regarding its beauty, amenities and location on 30-A. The club, though I have not used it personally, is gorgeous.

Per my attorney, (and it was also the opinion of the several other Walton county real estate attorneys who have looked at this) one could hold the dirt forever (which is a nice option currently- certainly saves on insurance, interest), use the builder of your choice- build it yourself even, and even build what you want, as long as it met design regulations, from what I understand per lawyer.

Truly, a special lot.

I would like to sell this lot to move on to other things; and will discuss a price. I have a bit in it, that of course, I would like to get back out. I would also entertain a partnership, perhaps with someone wanting to own, or a builder.

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
Can anyone recommend a sign maker that make and install one nice wood sign?

I am putting a sign on my lot with the "no build-out" details. Hmm, I'd like to go as large as possible, but will have to check association code, so maybe need more than one reference.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Smith Sign Shop, 267-1331 -- they always do a good job for me.

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
well, turns out no for sale or rent signs allowed. so thanks for the referral. guess won't need. actually, as much as i would love to put sign up, i think it makes for a prettier place to not have the clutter of signs.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I love Cypress Dunes- very beautiful and classy. I drive through there if I am early for carpool line at Emerald Coast MS. I have always heard positive comments on this place.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I have someone interested in a lot in Cypress Dunes. The problem is John Willis is the only builder allowed in there from what I understand. My guy said he didn't want to pay $350 a square foot to have Mr. Willis build a home. Please let me know if you have information differing from this.

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
Good Josh, then your client should be very happy with my lot. I'll contact you directly and can fill you in on all details.

I agree, it is a beautiful development!