• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Just in case anyone is wanting for a little distraction from Katrina, I uploaded some pics from our trip to Seagrove.

http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=425

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00178.JPG

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
wintersbk said:
Very nice pics! How did you take your underwater photos?

Thanks Wintersbk! I have a Sony P150 with a marine housing, and it works like a charm. Unfortunately, using the optical viewfinder is impossible, and the LCD screen is often too hard to see while underwater, so I just pointed and shot and hoped I got what I wanted out of it. :blush:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
You need to change your "name" to TOUCHED BY A TURTLE"! What an experience...thanks for sharing it with us.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
Thank you all for the kind words! Seeing the turtle was definitely an amazing experience. It kills me that my shot missed his head. He was very majestic, and he swam much faster than I had thought possible. He came up twice for air right in front of us, but eventually made his way back out into the deep blue. I will have to see about using his pic for my avatar. My bird just doesn't seem to cut it after this. LOL.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
BD your avatar looks great. 2 years ago we were on a dolphin cruise (PCB) and a sea turtle followed us in the wake for quite a while. It was really cool. How did your video turn out?