• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WhiskeyRiver

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
Bartlett, TN
We have a Houston's here in Memphis and it is fabulous--when you can get a table! Even at lunch it is slammed. The food is very good, though in my opinion their menu is not varied enough. The service is excellent. They have a great hamburger, spin/arti dip and grilled chicken salad with peanut sauce. Very good!

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
I just checked the website for Hillstone Restaurant Group, the parent company http://www.hillstone.com/ and the closest location to Seagrove is the Atlanta area, with five restaurants. Next is in New Orleans. The one's in Florida are clustered around South Florida; Miami, Boca, etc.
Any recommendations for fave's for Atlanta locations?

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
And Smiling Joe, if I go to Buckhead, I'll be sure to lock my .38 in the glove compartment! Thanks for the warning.:cool:

Kitty, you know me too well!

First of all, in Atlanta, you don't go to the Lenox Square one. It's for the out-of-towners who are there to shop and has no ambiance. You go to the one near the intersection of I-75 and Paces Ferry. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! And I'm pretty much a food snob, especially when it comes to chain restaurants.

My review:

I'll tell you, for good "comfort food", you can't beat Houston's. I like the West Paces Ferry/Northside Parkway location the best -- love the food, love the atmosphere, love the dress (OOPS - a "My Best Friends's Wedding" tangent), love everything -- it's more "clubby" than the other locations -- guess it's the influence of the Buckhead neighborhood in its proximity. The price is right, too. My new favorite is the Ahi tuna salad - awesome! I love the house Chardonnay, Selaks (gotta order some for home). I adore the lime grilled chicken salad. When I want to go wild with calories, the ribs are awesome. They do a fabulous grilled salmon. The fries are our family's favorite. My husband loves the burgers, especially on Saturdays when they have chili. He also likes the prime rib. The house salad is fabulous, too (if you don't like eggs or bacon, don't order it). Another surprise is the brussel sprouts - I'm not a fan of this vegetable, but it tastes absolutely fabulous - I'm a convert! The good thing about Houston's is that you can spend under $10 or do the full 9 yards. And for dessert, you MUST try the five-nut brownie. Order a shot of Kahlua on the side. They also have the best iced tea on the planet. My daughter and I decided that the only thing we don't like about Houston's is that they always ask you, "Do you want an appetizer? Maybe our fresh spinach dip?" We always are reminded of the question, "Do you want fries with that?" ? la McDonald's. 3539 Northside Parkway, 404-262-7130 (among other locations).

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Dammmm you BR! Now I want to go eat at Houston's! Maybe Mr. K will take me when he gets home this afternoon from NYC!!!! He'll probably go straight to the office. :sosad:

OMG...just wait. BR is gonna' freakout on this!!! She LOVES Houston's. I have eaten there a few times over the years....great food. It is very popular and crowded, which keeps us from going more.
You know the bar trick, right? You put in your name at the front desk, then go hover around in the bar. It's first-come, first-served. You get a drink, split up, and stalk out the tables that look like they're closest to turning. Don't hover too much because (a) as you know, it's rude, and (b) sometimes the diners will linger longer just to send you the message that they can keep their table as long as they'd like. Then when they get up, say politely, "Are you leaving?" and go for the kill -- I mean, the table. Sometimes diners will even notice you waiting and will arrange with you to make the swap. Also, if there are just two of you, dining at the bar is even faster.

I've saved hours doing this. Of course, once we get a spot, we let the front desk know so they don't have to waste their time paging us.

Last edited: