• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WhiskeyRiver

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
Bartlett, TN
My family and I are just "turistas" to SGB, but I feel like it is my home and I am pissed at the thought of MORE people crowded into SGB. Like others that have posted here -- can 30-A really take the traffic and can the people that live in the area year round really take the mess that a beach access of that magnitude would bring? We refuse to go to Destin for this very reason -- too many people crowded into too little of an area. I have signed the petition and hope that others will follow. Sounds like someone just wants their greedy pockets lined with more green!:bang:

Mullet123

Beach Comber
Dec 18, 2006
I just heard that Nature Walk was removed from the BoCC meeting tonight.
Has any else heard this info?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe someone is trying to have it removed, but as of a moment ago, it had not been pulled from tonight's agenda.

If you want to verify for yourself, here is the number.
Telephone: (850) 267-1955

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005

I just received this:

"Please note that the Naturewalk Beach Club project will not be presented at tonight's Planning Commission meeting. We will contact you with the new date as soon as it becomes available. Should you have any questions please contact the planner Tim Brown at (850-892-8160) or the citizen planner Vivian Shamel at (850-267-1955). Thank you."

Kendal-Leigh Marse
Planning and Development Services Division - Processing Dept.
31 Coastal Centre Blvd.
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
850-267-1955
markendal@co.walton.fl.us

Last edited:

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Just a thought - calling people and/or ideas stupid, insane, uncaring, disgusting, corrupt, etc. may prevent people from being sympathetic to your cause.

Very nicely done! Who made those who call such names our judge and jury? Why do I have to accept they're idea of what is good, nice, beautiful, or whatever? I thought we lived in, and bragged about, an eclectic society? How does an eclectic society embrace such hatred towards someone who has a different opinion?

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
My family and I are just "turistas" to SGB, but I feel like it is my home and I am pissed at the thought of MORE people crowded into SGB. Like others that have posted here -- can 30-A really take the traffic and can the people that live in the area year round really take the mess that a beach access of that magnitude would bring? We refuse to go to Destin for this very reason -- too many people crowded into too little of an area. I have signed the petition and hope that others will follow. Sounds like someone just wants their greedy pockets lined with more green!:bang:

MORE PEOPLE? Are you kidding? When I was growing up here, there were 350 people in Santa Rosa Beach! How is it that those who complain about too many people here, don't count themself in that number? What, it's okay for you and yours, but not anyone else? Can you hear what you are saying?

waltondude

Beach Lover
Apr 2, 2006
Walton County

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Cool picture. I can hardly wait for that place to get here. Sure beats those run down cottages that are in the area now. A nice high rise so you can see the gulf. About time someone is getting on board with something like this.

I could see the gulf fine from the Villa's. The cottages were not run down either when I was there in July. Different strokes for different folks.