• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
In searching the residential lots on 30A the below lot seems to be the best deal that I am aware of right now in an established village with amenities.

This lot is just a short stroll to the beach and a quick bike ride to Seaside. (note: This is not my lot nor am I a realtor.)

I am curious: Can anyone top this?

Cassine Village, Seagrove Beach - $199,000 MLS# 421449
Residential Land
less than a 1/4 mile from the beach access
only 2 miles from Seaside.
Address: Lot 5 Blkd Sweet Bay Dr
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Acreage 0.14 Lot Size 70X90
Facilities: Pavilion/Gazebo, Picnic Area, Pool, Tennis
Utilities Electric Available, Public Sewer, Public Water , Tap Fee Paid

No buildout time. Two community pools, beach access, nature trails, lake, tennis.
listing agent is:
Kenneth Lovelace
Cell Ph: 850-225-8962
Office Ph: 850-837-6020
Lovelace Realty Company Inc

destinsm

Beach Lover
May 23, 2006
Another example of absolutely crazy pricing in my opinion...

To show I will again use a rental in the same neighborhood to make my point...

Cassine Village, $1800/month, 2000 sq. ft, fully furnished.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but to all the naysayers that questioned my pick of neighborhood on a previous thread (I believe it was a Blue Mountain Beach property), here is another example in another neighborhood...

Getting a loan on the lot shown above, would cost the same/more than to rent a fully furnished home in the same neighborhood...

Makes no sense and shows how out of wack prices are in SoWal.

------

Or you could splurge and buy one in the same hood for only $775k... what a deal!

http://www.emeraldcoasthomesonline.com/(nrkvwwnyu4b1vfmrrxfxgs20)/propertyDetails.aspx?mls=448995

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
:roll: Maybe you could find a lot this close to a beautiful beach for less in some other part of the country?

You seem so fixated on rent, rent, rent and out of whack prices, yadda, yadda. The thread was about whether a better land deal could be obtained, which has nothing to do with renting.

What's wrong with owning a piece of land to call your own in a place you love?

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Another example of absolutely crazy pricing in my opinion...

To show I will again use a rental in the same neighborhood to make my point...

Cassine Village, $1800/month, 2000 sq. ft, fully furnished.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but to all the naysayers that questioned my pick of neighborhood on a previous thread (I believe it was a Blue Mountain Beach property), here is another example in another neighborhood...

Getting a loan on the lot shown above, would cost the same/more than to rent a fully furnished home in the same neighborhood...

Makes no sense and shows how out of wack prices are in SoWal.

------

Or you could splurge and buy one in the same hood for only $775k... what a deal!

http://www.emeraldcoasthomesonline.com/(nrkvwwnyu4b1vfmrrxfxgs20)/propertyDetails.aspx?mls=448995
Come back in 10 years, prices will still be crazy and you'll still be renting. Will that savings account at the credit union put you over the top?

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
This is the best actual purchase price I have seen in the Preserve at Grayton Beach.

LOT 94 THE PRESERVE AT GRAYTON BEACH OR 2606-1295 OR 2744-3955
$195,000 SOLD

However, this Preserve lot is much further from the beach than the Cassine Village Lot. Both neighborhoods apparently have similar amenities, so in my opinion even if you bought the Cassine lot at the asking price you would still have the best value on 30A.

Please post any better deals on similar lots.

Also, with building costs going down and lower insurance rates for new construction meeting the higher hurricane code standards, lots may now be a smarter buy than existing structures.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Another sale in The Preserve .

LOT 5 THE PRESERVE AT GRAYTON BEACH OR 2605-1621 OR 632-3111 OR 2661-1888 OR 2746-661

ouch!
they paid $475k and sold it for $200k!!
12-28-2006 2746 661 200,0000
3-22-2005 2661 1888 475,000

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
In January someone bought a lot less than
1/4 mile from the beach in Seagrove Beach for $200k.

Go to ?Sales list? at
http://www.waltonpa.com/
LOT 4 BLK C CASSINE VILLAGE II PB 9 PG 12

This is the best buy I have seen for a high elevation lot this close to a beach access on 30A for quite a while.

greenstreet

Beach Comber
Jan 17, 2007
Also, with building costs going down and lower insurance rates for new construction meeting the higher hurricane code standards, lots may now be a smarter buy than existing structures.

As a lot owner looking to build sometime in the future, I am intrigued by your optimism on insurance rates for new construction. Granted, meeting new standards is more attractive than not, but I am still sensing the insurance market is sour, new-code compliance or not. You must be having better luck than I am. Do you have any more information on that?