• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sueshore said:
Please insert that cute smiley on the box here!!!! Thanks for your time...I feel better now.
This one??

crowd.gif

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Moondance said:
As Beach Dreamer points out:
"It's not what you know. It's what you do with what you know." :D :clap_1: :cool:

True words!!!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
I'm happy to report that everything looks fine on the beach. In fact, I agree with Smiling JOe--it appears that there is actually MORE sand on the beaches. The private beach access that the Cottages at Camp Creek shares with the neighboring streets is intact and very sturdy. All of the walkovers that were rebuilt after Dennis are in great shape. There is no debris of any kind on the beach--just lots and lots of foam.

The small piles of sand from scraping that are along the dune line are still there there doesn't appear to be any significant dune erosion at all. The bottom step of our access is almost covered with sand whereas yesterday at about 6 p.m. it had a six-inch drop.

There was a house that had trucked in sand and last night I was sure that all of that sand would be washed away. I was surprised to see that the new sand was still there and there was very little erosion to it.

All-in-all as far as I can tell, the beaches faired well and there was no property damage. Everyone rest easy about SoWal and lets concentrate on doing what we can to help our neighbors in NOLA, Biloxi, and Mobile. I would recommend that you NOT come down to check on your properties. Lets keep the roads open for the evacuees to get back to their homes. Everything here is suprisingly fine.

lollygal

Beach Fanatic
Camp Creek Kid said:
I'm happy to report that everything looks fine on the beach. In fact, I agree with Smiling JOe--it appears that there is actually MORE sand on the beaches. The private beach access that the Cottages at Camp Creek shares with the neighboring streets is intact and very sturdy. All of the walkovers that were rebuilt after Dennis are in great shape. There is no debris of any kind on the beach--just lots and lots of foam.

The small piles of sand from scraping that are along the dune line are still there there doesn't appear to be any significant dune erosion at all. The bottom step of our access is almost covered with sand whereas yesterday at about 6 p.m. it had a six-inch drop.

There was a house that had trucked in sand and last night I was sure that all of that sand would be washed away. I was surprised to see that the new sand was still there and there was very little erosion to it.

All-in-all as far as I can tell, the beaches faired well and there was no property damage. Everyone rest easy about SoWal and lets concentrate on doing what we can to help our neighbors in NOLA, Biloxi, and Mobile. I would recommend that you NOT come down to check on your properties. Lets keep the roads open for the evacuees to get back to their homes. Everything here is suprisingly fine.

Well said, Camp Creek Kid! THANK YOU! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: You, Kurt and Smiling Joe have helped lessen the anxiety with your eye witness reporting!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Moondance,
Your house looks fine. You may have a loose screen, I will have to double check. I was in a hurry when I looked, but overall, nothing to report at your house.:clap_1:

Smiling JOe said:
Moondance,
Your house looks fine. You may have a loose screen, I will have to double check. I was in a hurry when I looked, but overall, nothing to report at your house.:clap_1:

Dang, dang, DANG!! :bang: :bang: I can't believe I'll have to NOT repair that screen, again. (It was already torn... I have no worries personally, but I am grateful for the information).

Now, we (SoWal.com) should focus some energy on those that DO have very real worries and see how we can help... SJ, I sent you a PM, so just let me know. :D

Please contribute goods, blood, time or money: https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

American Red Cross Launches Largest Mobilization Effort in History for Hurricane Katrina

http://www.redcross.org/pressrelease/0,1077,0_314_4473,00.html

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
gotothebeachmom said:
Kurt and SJ, what would we do without you? As usual you have provided peace of mind and sanity to those of us who are not in SoWal. You 2 are priceless! How about a frosty beverage sometime soon?

We'll be down to celebrate my birthday beginning the 8th of next month? :D

Yes, I agree -- thanks much to Kurt, SJ, and Camp Creek Kid, too, who tends to give us updates on stuff out on east 30A (and all the others who are giving updates). What a community we have!

We left the area on Saturday after a wonderful week. We have guests in one of our cottages and I spoke with them today and they said they were fine and not worried.

ladybug8876

leslie lou
Mar 20, 2005
Paducah, Ky
SJ, KURT and others it's so nice of ya'll to keep us up to date, to take time to check other properties. There are few people who would give their time as ya'll have. :cool: :clap_1: :D

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
ladybug8876 said:
SJ, Kurt and others it's so nice of ya'll to keep us up to date, to take time to check other properties. There are few people who would give their time as ya'll have. :cool: :clap_1: :D

FYI, Kurt is still giving, but he lost internet connection last night or early am today. He posted pics from my house. When he is back up and running, he may have input or answers to some of your questions.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.