• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Thanks for the article, I thought it was a done deal and the last court challenge had been resolved(?)

It would take an act of god to stop it at this point. Local pilots really just want to avoid flying in the same airspace with the big jets and loss of cheap hanger space. What really needs to happen is that who ever wins the bid over there, make it a high end airport community. There are several in south florida, but none in the panhandle. Who knows, we could end up having John Travolta as a neighbor.

seacliffes

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2006
Tangomar
It would take an act of god to stop it at this point. Local pilots really just want to avoid flying in the same airspace with the big jets and loss of cheap hanger space. What really needs to happen is that who ever wins the bid over there, make it a high end airport community. There are several in south florida, but none in the panhandle. Who knows, we could end up having John Travolta as a neighbor.

Glad to hear it is going through as it something folks from the Midwest can use as opposed to a 12- 15 hour drive. I am hearing the "stars" are already out and looking for property here. A neighbor at Tangomar told me that Jamie Fox is in the process of buying 20 properties in the area. I have no idea if that is true or not, but I can imagine this type of thing will happen once the airport is put in.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
The conservationists lost my vote when they put the spotted woodpecker ahead of thousands of new jobs, but that's just me.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
The conservationists lost my vote when they put the spotted woodpecker ahead of thousands of new jobs, but that's just me.
How about the fact that Bay County residents voted overwhelmingly against it?
Most are less worried about the 4500 acres of wetlands that will be lost than the $330 million dollar estimated cost.

Sorry, but I don't care if someone can get here from Ohio more easily.

My property in Walton County would no doubt increase in value, but if it means more people, more development and more minimum wage jobs, I'll pass.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
A neighbor at Tangomar told me that Jamie Fox is in the process of buying 20 properties in the area.

OMG! You mean this could be our newest SoWaler?

Wanda.jpg1

I have never been soooo excited!

Last edited: