• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
When I moved here a short time ago, about 3 years now, I noticed a lack of community in this area. Sure, there were beach communities, but none associated with the other. Also at the time, I recognized just how young this area is in terms of development. While I did not care for the polarization of the mulitple beach communities and the lack of a centralized community spirit, I did think that this place had the right potential to be shaped into an awesome community where we were all connected. I want this community to be shaped in the best ways with care and concern for the environement, and a neighboring centralized community. Thanks to Kurt for helping to commence this connectedness which is forthcoming. We are a young area, and each of us has a chance to help shape in a great way. Get involved with our community. Take action. Enjoy. Share. Give. Love. Nuture. Let's shape our world for the better.
:D

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Wow, SJ, another synchronicity :cool: I just posted a similar thought on another thread, same minute you did. It's been 3 years for us as well. Big changes in the sense of community, and you're part of why that's happening.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
katie blue said:
Wow, SJ, another synchronicity :cool: I just posted a similar thought on another thread, same minute you did. It's been 3 years for us as well. Big changes in the sense of community, and you're part of why that's happening.

:blush: I figure, it is in my hands, why not do something with it? I am only a small part of it. It is much more than one person can handle. You could say that it takes a full community to be a part of it. Everyone who is posting on this board, and even those who will be posting on this board in the future, are all a part of this community, even if it is from afar. Thanks for each of you for helping to shape the world around me.:D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
katie blue said:
Bright sides?
I've been reading this board for a few years now. Ivan really brought this community together, and then I watched as each subsequent storm made us stronger, individually and collectively. If you go through enough of your worst fears, and live to tell, the blessing is that life just seems a bit easier going forward. Some folks who might have come down as investors only are finding that somewhere along the line, SoWal got into their blood, and that now they are part of a powerful place with real heart and soul. Without this board some of us may never have been able to feel the stength of this community, and without that it might have been too much to try hang through these crazy times alone. Thanks to all of you who donate so much time and energy to keep us all connected.

Well said Katie Blue.:clap_1:

OhioBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
MidWest OH
SJ,

After all of the recent storm activity in the area, maybe this is a good image to add to your frawg collection:
nevergiveup.jpg

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
This makes my heart happy! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

kurt said:
:bow: Y'all :clap_1:
What he said... ^^^

The sense of community on this board is phenomenal. I have more true friends in SoWal in a few months than I have made in Atl. in 15+ years. Not sure what that says about me, but it speaks volumes for the people in, near, and dear to SoWal.

Here's a thought from the future by a "time traveler" from the year 2036 dubbed John Titor (I know... but if you read the other post and the links, it might make some more sense). In any case, I think we have a head start:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life is much more rural in the future but "high" technology is used to communicate and travel. People raise a great deal of their own food and do more "farm" work. Yes, compared to now, we do work long hours. After the war, my father made a living selling oranges up and down the West coast of Florida. My closest friend raises horses and another works for a company that maintains "wireless" Internet nodes...[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, there is a post office. The Internet is still alive and well in the future. People spend more time talking because life is more centered on the community. I've noticed the same type of effect here when the power goes off. People tend to come out of their homes and actually spend time with their neighbors. There is a lot more personal trust and less paranoia.[/font]

:D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
OhioBeachBum said:
SJ,

After all of the recent storm activity in the area, maybe this is a good image to add to your frawg collection:
nevergiveup.jpg

Cute piece, and goes nicely with your avatar.:clap_1: