• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
All of what has been said on this thread by others about the lack of damage to our beaches is all true! It's no worse than after Dennis. There are places where the scraped sand piles are still there or at least partially still there (old Seagrove, BMB), and I didn't see any damaged walkovers. The new one that was just built near 395 is still there. The water just did not get very high. We couldn't find any further erosion and we were very surprised given that the ocean was lapping at the base of the dunes on Sunday. It is still very windy and you get sand blasted at the beach. The waves are impressive, but they aren't hitting the dunes. 30A was closed most of the day at Oyster Lake, but it's open again now. The yellow house on the beach at Fort Panic has a bit of water under it, but it looks no worse than it did 3 days ago. The bay water did rise to the level of our dock, but that's not too bad. If there was flooding from the bay, it was probably in just very low lying areas. If you have a house here, I know it's hard not to worry, but you really shouldn't. Everything looks very good and we didn't see any houses that were obviously damaged.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
sgb said:
The yellow house on the beach at Fort Panic has a bit of water under it, but it looks no worse than it did 3 days ago.

P8280065.JPG

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
Anyone else watching abc news right now? Horrible footage of the New Orleans suburbs completely flooded.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Beach Runner said:
"Does anyone know if Seagrove has lost power since yesterday afternoon, and if so, for how long? I'm trying to decide if I need to throw anything in the refrigerator away when I come down this week. Of course, like a moron, when I unplugged the TVs yesterday, I also unplugged the answering machine. I usually know that if it answers, we have power."

Old Seagrove didn't lose power. Occasionally the lights flickered. Dune Allen lost power for a little while this afternoon, but only for an hour or so.

Moondance said:
Please contribute goods, blood, time or money: https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

American Red Cross Launches Largest Mobilization Effort in History for Hurricane Katrina

http://www.redcross.org/pressrelease/0,1077,0_314_4473,00.html
Not trying to be heavy-handed on this, but I put my money where my (big) mouth is and made a donation online. If you spend 60 seconds on the link above and make a donation, you get this cool little message from American Red Cross (oh yeah, it's tax deductible):

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Gift Information[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Amount:[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]$xxxxx[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Donation Fund:[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]National Disaster Relief Fund[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Honor/Memorial Gift:[/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]No[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Your gift to the American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund makes it possible for us to immediately help disaster victims across the U.S. and its territories with critical needs such as shelter, food, clothing, counseling, and other assistance. It?s because of the National Disaster Relief Fund that the American Red Cross? response can be immediate regardless of the type of disaster, its location, or the community?s ability to financially support our efforts.[/size][/font]
:cool:

StCastle

Beach Crab
Aug 29, 2005
Thank you, Kurt for your information...My Dad was worried about his house in Grayton...We have seen more damage and erosion since Ivan than anytime in the last 25 yrs!!

Good to know that we have dodged the bullet this time!! :clap_1:

Status
Not open for further replies.