• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
You can also call FEMA and have your home added to their list to make it available to those displaced. Very easy process, you'll have to answer several questions over the phone - rent amount? pet friendly? etc. We did it after Ivan while we were still renting our property.

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2005
I have contacted Rivard, and haven't been called back. Jeanne Dailey of Newman-Dailey is contact their unit owners to compile a list of the those that are willing to help. This a small place, anyone that has contacts with rental companies should call and get them to do the same thing - eventually, it's up to owners whether or not they will help - but the rental companies can make the contacts and lists available.

Of course it's not just people from NO (I write about it because we have (maybe had) a home there and know lots of people) we've lost contact with, but also the coast of Mississippi. Nearly a million people could be displaced from their homes or what's left of them in all those areas for weeks or even months. We have 12 from MS living in another home we have here now.

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2005
Carillon Beach Rentals have begun contacting their home owners and many are willing to rent at a reduced rate. Contact Todd or Wendy at 233-7070

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Many Seaside homeowners are not charging rent to Katrina victims. The association is working on some long term solutions. Hopefully momentum is building and Rosemary, WaterColor and other resorts will follow suit.

There may not be any room for snowbirds this year.

sweet

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2005
I have a business associate that I have offered my home . She told me not only have people lost there homes but also there businesses. There life's will never be the same. She askes that we all pray for them.
I think alot of these people are not sure what to do or where to go. My friend who lives in New Orleans was told they can go back next week and pick up what is needed and than they need to leave for at least a month or two.
I will be willing to help. I have a condo in Seacrest and a home in Destin if she does not take it
PM me

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We offered our cottages to a friend of ours who has family/friends in the hardest hit areas. They still don't know what they're going to do. One still has a house standing (minimal damage). The rest don't yet know because they haven't been able to get back to see their places. Our cottages are already rented on and off throughout the fall, so it wouldn't be a straight rental, but people could get away for a week or two if needed.

It's great that Seaside, Watercolors, and others are pulling together to help out.