• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
For me, labor was induced after shoe shopping at Neiman's. I had bought several pairs of Bruno Magli's (I was into them in those days for some reason) in half-a-size up. Annie Laurie, wife of the famous artist Lamar Dodd after which buildings/etc. are named at the University of Georgia and LaGrange College, was my usual salesperson there and suggested that my shoe size would go up in late pregnancy and after having a baby. After lugging my loot to the car, I casually walked in for my regular checkup at Peachtree Women's Clinic. OOPS! At 26 weeks I was in labor. I was hospitalized for two months, and our preemie baby is now 6'2" tall.
Guess I shouldn't have bought so many shoes that day. :funn: I can laugh about it now, but then it was a life-or-death situation for both me and the baby and a nightmare for our family, especially my poor husband.

olive

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2005
Just revived this thread looking for this restaurant; Mr. Pod just called me from there, was sent on a recommendation. Wow, even BR gives this one her stamp of approval! :clap_1:

Been there, it rocks!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
where exactly is this located? I would love to try it next time I am in 'Lanta.

where exactly is this located? I would love to try it next time I am in 'Lanta.
Just take the Howell Mill exit off I-75 near the Brookwood split, head south, take a right at Chattahoochee Avenue, then drive almost two miles and you'll see it on the right. It's in a sort of run-down industrial/warehouse area, but don't let that put you off. 1495 Chattahoochee Ave., N.W., (404) 352-9009.

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
Just take the Howell Mill exit off I-75 near the Brookwood split, head south, take a right at Chattahoochee Avenue, then drive almost two miles and you'll see it on the right. It's in a sort of run-down industrial/warehouse area, but don't let that put you off. 1495 Chattahoochee Ave., N.W., (404) 352-9009.

Does this place have good Fajitas ?? Or where are the best ones (near Midtown) ??
Skip

Does this place have good Fajitas ?? Or where are the best ones (near Midtown) ??
Skip
The steak diablo, fajita beef in a red chili guajillo sauce, is awesome. Love the enchiladas de chorizo - Mexican sausage enchiladas topped with Monterrey jack. The chicken taco especiales are nice, too, with lots of fresh cilantro. WARNING: if you have GRD, don't order anything with chorizo. I had the chorizo tacos there one night; the next day I started having chest pains and thought I was having a heart attack. After an EKG, echocardiogram, stress test, and heart scan, it was determined that I just had indigestion (some pretty expensive tacos, huh? LOL!)

I know it's a chain, but Pappasitos has some awesome fajitas (and Tex-Mex as well). We love the family combos- Plato Toro or Plato Loco (check out http://www.pappasitos.com/pdfs/Pappasitosmaingroupmenu_8.06.pdf). We only go about once a year because (a) it's pretty pricey for Tex-Mex, and (b) too many calories -- they use a lot of butter.

We also love Taqueria Del Sol -- very cheap (but no fajitas) and totally different from other Mexican restaurants. I love the fried chicken taco (filled with fried chicken strips, lime jalapeno mayo, lettuce, and tomato), the fish taco (tilapia dipped in egg wash, rolled in masa and deep fried, with poblano tartar sauce and pickled jalapenos), the veggie taco (refried beans, queso blanco, and roasted tomatillo salsa). The turnip greens are incredible (cute with the fried chicken taco), and the shrimp corn chowder is awesome. Also, the enchiladas with red or green saice are pretty awesome.

coonass

Beach Comber
Jan 24, 2007
there is tierra,bones,dickand harrys,two urban licks,lobby bar i midtown kichen and the best is rathbuns tell the 6'9 chef gator sent u