• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FullAbalone

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Louisville
www.FullAbalone.com
We'll be bringing our weimaraners with us for Labor Day week (assuming our house is still standing). I'm pretty familiar with the dogs-on-beach rules. Are there any other places we could take them to run or walk off-lead where they wouldn't bother people or wildlife?

Thanks

FullAbalone said:
We'll be bringing our weimaraners with us for Labor Day week (assuming our house is still standing). I'm pretty familiar with the dogs-on-beach rules. Are there any other places we could take them to run or walk off-lead where they wouldn't bother people or wildlife?

Thanks
Weims are awesome dogs! Unfortunately, we had to euthanize our beloved Weimaraner in January after spending a boatload of money at Auburn University to save her (worth every penny). We never took her to the beach because she was so afraid of water that she'd hide when we filled her water bowl. Yes, I know, most Weims aren't like that. I wanted another Weim, but just the sight of one made me cry. So we got a standard poodle. Too many great dogs, yet not enough years in one's life to experience them all. Hope your Weims love the beach. My husband's family had several, and they loved swimming in the lakes in Madison, WI.

As you know, Weims scare the heck out of people. That's why we got ours - we had a home invasion and bought her for protection. But, except for one intimidating Weim we've known, they're wusses.

Last edited:

FullAbalone

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Louisville
www.FullAbalone.com
5dogs_June05.jpg

Here ya go, SJ, our five gray ghosts. Three live with us and one each with my kids. We'll have 3 with us next week. Storm, my daughter's dog, lived in the Keys for two years, so he's the real waterboy. We'll be walking and biking with them around SRB in the Oyster Lake area. If you see us, flag us down and let us buy you a beer.
FA

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
FullAbalone said:
5dogs_June05.jpg

Here ya go, SJ, our five gray ghosts. Three live with us and one each with my kids. We'll have 3 with us next week. Storm, my daughter's dog, lived in the Keys for two years, so he's the real waterboy. We'll be walking and biking with them around SRB in the Oyster Lake area. If you see us, flag us down and let us buy you a beer.
FA

I was wondering why you were hiding them. I posted the photo long ago on another thread, and your dogs received much attention. :clap_1: People were trying to guess whose dogs they were -- now they know.:D