• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Skunky, last night's approval by the BCC of the Private Beach Access did not resolve the "debate" of this thread. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
:bang: I thought it was over as nobody was posting on the thread today. In general, there are at least a dozen barbs posted by the time I get on the computer in mid morning. Oh well, halftimes over, let the rumble resume:lol:
The only thing that is resolved is that BMBVagrant and BMBWalker will now have even more people laying out on their property than they had in the past. However, that may take a while, especially if the buyers of Big Redfish are able to get out of their contracts due to the technical change of Redfish changing the location of their private beach access. Oh, also now it will be difficult for the few people on this thread who have been calling Redfish Development, "liars," will find that statement even more difficult to prove.

Will the results of the approval change the fact of people walking down the other streets? No. People will walk the most direct route. There are other things which Redfish Village can do to help prevent that, but last night's decision will not change the herd-mentality of people.

Last edited:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
geez, kinda quiet around these parts. now we will have the pleasure of another 15 pages of the BMB West crowd discussing appeals, what color signs to put up, monkeywrenching, and the like. and maybe, edroe will answer direct questions. it may now actually be to his benefit to come clean.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
From yesterday's Beach Breeze...

Please take note of the comment that Commissioner Sara Comander made at the BCC meeting:
"She thought the issue represented here to be single biggest one faced by the county's beaches after that if building height."

Kudos to Commissioner Camander for doing the right thing in voting against the project.

RedfishArticle1of2.jpg

RedfishArticle2of2.jpg

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
BMBV, I was at this meeting and have spoken with many neighbors. That Commissioner was a lone voice in a resounding approval of the project. It was sad to see you ruin this with the same approach you have taken on this thread only this time you were face to face with a Commissioner and Planning Staff who would not take your slanderous tone. You should be embarrassed and ashamed and at least have given your postings a rest for more than one day just out of pure respect for what you did to your neighbors' cause.

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
FancyNancy, Is that supposed to be some profound way to say you think I know who the lawyer is? Is this Jeopardy? Say what you mean. Of course GRM means something to anybody who has been involved in this and especially those who have been to the meetings, lived in this neighborhood or even read the papers. Does Lichfield mean anything to you NT?

Fanceenan

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Montgomery
I don't care if you know who I am; I haven't been hiding my name. Anyone who knows me well knows who Fanceenan is. If you have gone to the trouble to know Lichfield, you've been putting time and energy into this.
Maybe you can share some info with us. Yes, I shouldn't have been so vague. Who are you and what is your connection to Redfish Village?

Advance The Man

Beach Lover
May 19, 2005
You stated you owned property east of 83, however go to http://www.waltonpa.com/ and search for 'name', there is no 'Kevin Thompson' that owns anything in Walton County. You were asking others their background, their 'stake' to the whole access issue - sounds like there is an interest on who you are. :scratch:

Yes all of five seconds on you to prove the point. "Share some info with us?" Read the last twenty pages.