• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
kurt said:
WaterColor has aked owners to consider renting monthly now (usually doesn't begin until November) at winter rates.

We certainly are willing to do this too, and we are pet friendly.

Any idea what insurers pay for temporary housing costs? Say $50, $75, $100 a night? That would better help us set our rates so we know what kind of options people have as far as reimbursement. We couldn't afford to have people stay for free, but of course we wouldn't want to gouge them either.

I keep thinking, what a shame it would be to have our place sit empty while so many are uncomfortable.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
kurt said:
WaterColor has aked owners to consider renting monthly now (usually doesn't begin until November) at winter rates.

Good news...although I haven't been contacted yet. I sent an email stating we would like to donate our place for anytime not already rented. I'll be down there for October, but it will probably be needed Sept., Nov., Dec.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Our house at Grayton (Gratona Lodge) is full of evacuees from Mississippi. They don't even know if their friends and family are OK. They believe their homes are gone.

I might add that they are not renting, just staying indefinitely.

Last edited:

Denise

Beach Comber
Feb 18, 2005
Dune Allen Beach
WaltonUndercurrent said:
Millions of people have had to evacuate areas in south Mississippi and New Orleans and won't be able to return to what's left of their homes for possibly weeks. New Orleans isn't accessible from the east at all and probably won't be for quite sometime - it's continuing to flood and power officials say that are literally going to have to start from scratch to rebuild their power grid. Millions will be homeless and won't be able to afford to rebuild. These aren't people with second homes.

As a community, we've been through hurricanes. For a time, we even thought that we might be going through this now instead of them. Anyone who has property that isn't occupied anywhere in Walton County - please post here with contact information. If not for free, for greatly reduced rates.

Newman-Dailey is contacting owners on its rental program. I'm going to contact Abbot, Rivard, etc and ask them to post contact information here as well since this is the best bulletin board in the area.

Thanks

I have talked with owners on our rental program. We are interested in offering assistance to displaced citizens. Please provide information on how we can reach the appropriate individuals to get the word out. Thanks!

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a condo on 30A which we do not rent; however, for something like this we would consider it. We live in Baton Rouge and realize how lucky we are. People from NO will need lots of helping hands.

Please e-mail me, lizccrawford@hotmail.com and we can discuss this farther.

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2005
Thank You TooFarTampa

Thanks to TooFarTampa (Sharon) for helping out with the four I posted about earlier. They are also having to bring their parents over from Pass Christian, MS.

THANK YOU!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Denise said:
I have talked with owners on our rental program. We are interested in offering assistance to displaced citizens. Please provide information on how we can reach the appropriate individuals to get the word out. Thanks!

Post your company name and number here for starters.