• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
These stats are from Destin through Inlet Beach and strictly include single family homes. Sales dropped off unsurprisingly. Total inventory continues to go down also as many are pulling off of the market. I believe that these are all people that were "testing" the market and now realize that they will not make the fortune of 2 years ago.
Well, the graph is not working so I will type in the info.

Sales Inventory
Jan 06- 42 1922
Feb 06- 51 2081
Mar 06- 68 2277
Apr 06- 43 2453
May 06- 59 2628
Jun 06- 61 2678
Jul 06- 70 2675
Aug 06- 61 2641
Sep 06- 47 2578
Oct 06- 58 2472
Nov 06- 36 2380
Dec 06- 40 2286
Jan 07- 27 2164

Last edited:

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Thanks Josh.

This certainly does not reflect the ?increased interest? and ?call volume? that some realtors were reporting in November/December.

Also, unfortunately the inventory is up compared to January 06 which maybe a more valid seasonally adjusted comparison.

Can you break down the ?sales? and "pendings" on 30A in each category (condos, houses, lots) for January 07?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
These stats are from Destin through Inlet Beach and strictly include single family homes. Sales dropped off unsurprisingly. Total inventory continues to go down also as many are pulling off of the market. I believe that these are all people that were "testing" the market and now realize that they will not make the fortune of 2 years ago.

I reckon they're waiting for the Big Spring Sales Blowout to list again.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
This certainly does not reflect the “increased interest” and “call volume” that some realtors were reporting in November/December....
However, this is only one category, and contains inventory in Destin. ;-) I can tell you that my office was up tremendously in closed sales in Jan, and we have written even more contracts in Jan.

Last edited:

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
However, this is only one category, and contains inventory in Destin. ;-) I can tell you that my office was up tremendously in closed sales in Jan, and we have written even more contracts in Jan.

Joe--Reading between the lines, does that mean that your office closed and wrote contracts on many lots and condos since there were only 27 SFH closings in January (or maybe your office sold most of the 27 :dunno:/ :clap_1: )? How many did you sell and write in your office/what is the definition of up tremendously? How are the prices looking (were these bargain purchases)?

I look forward to seeing the real trend report and Walton County sales summary for January to see how the county as a whole fared compared to January 2006.

Thanks

Last edited:

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005

I'm real happy for all the realtors if this is truly the case...Activity creates action and I'll bet its nice to be back to work...Red

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Joe--Reading between the lines, does that mean that your office closed and wrote contracts on many lots and condos since there were only 27 SFH closings in January (or maybe your office sold most of the 27 :dunno:/ :clap_1: )? How many did you sell and write in your office/what is the definition of up tremendously? How are the prices looking (were these bargain purchases)?

I look forward to seeing the real trend report and Walton County sales summary for January to see how the county as a whole fared compared to January 2006.

Thanks
Not necessarily, I haven't looked at the numbers yet. It only means that you cannot look at one segment, of the market and compare it to the total market, or compare it to what the busier agents are saying. Stats are only stats, and without the background on each number, they could be dangerous. Maybe the smaller offices are not selling as much, as they have began working hourly jobs, and the listings and sales may be shifting to the more established Brokerages and Realtors. I don't know. I have the numbers compiled and will post on a new thread soon.

Up tremendously = from a very slow Dec in my office. I won't comment on my personal business, as I try to keep the work/funn life separated on SoWal. As for "bargain purchases," I think you would have to look up each property to determine that, and bargain, may vary depending on the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
one realtor told me he had some clients, and thought perhaps others had done this as well, that put all of their properties on the market, wanting only 1 to sell to lighten the load. then they planned on pulling the rest off the market.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
one realtor told me he had some clients, and thought perhaps others had done this as well, that put all of their properties on the market, wanting only 1 to sell to lighten the load. then they planned on pulling the rest off the market.
Good point, csamps. I hear that quite often and know more than one person who is doing this. I have pointed out this fact in the past, and it does indeed throw off the stats with the inventory levels. I can also show you plenty of examples of properties which are listed with neighboring and almost identical properties have a list price variance of more than 50%. So, in my opinion, those higher priced properties, really are not in the ballgame, so you can scratch those from the inventory, too.