• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

drbawa

Beach Lover
Sep 21, 2005
I bought a computer from Office Depot and it was a floor model but I cannot access GOOGLE!!! I can access all other websites but not google!!!! Anybody know how to fix this??????

Thanks....

Dr Bawa

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Check to see if it is blocked....maybe under internet tools.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
I bought a computer from Office Depot and it was a floor model but I cannot access GOOGLE!!! I can access all other websites but not google!!!! Anybody know how to fix this??????

Thanks....

Dr Bawa
Google wants to set chocolate chip cookies, apparently your new machine will only accept vanilla chips.:sosad:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama

Thanks....

Dr Bawa

Is this computer running Windows XP, Dr.? If it were me I would wipe it clean and re-install the XP operating system. I do this even with new computers that I buy from Dell, just to get all the non-essential junk off of it. Then, you have a fresh computer with no junk. Before you do this though, make sure that you have all of the software, drivers, etc. that came loaded on the computer because you will have to re-install these.

Good Luck!

drbawa

Beach Lover
Sep 21, 2005
When I put in www.google.com I get message pasted below. I looked in Internet Tools and google was not one of the blocked site. In fact, it was one of those that was listed as "always allow" and I turned that off and on and it made no difference....

I might have to follow your advice and reinstall XP but I was hoping not to have to do that....

Any other ideas would be helpful....

Dr Bawa

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
Try calling your internet service provider's techincal support line. Even though it is not their issue, they will more than likely be able to walk you through a series of steps to make sure your browser is free of anything which may restrict viewing.

Whenever I'm having trouble, a quick call to MediaCom or LinkSys usually does the trick. Ok, it may not be a quick call but it works.