• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
thank you all for the information. so, the preserves does look pretty - it's on the north side of 30 A though? So, you have to cross the street to get to the access, correct?

next question :)

do any of you have any opinions on groves by the sea and summer's edge?
is summer's edge walking distance to seaside?

we usually stay in grayton, but this year we are looking at communities with a community pool. Mainly because my son, who is 6, is an only child, and this year, none of his cousins are joining us. So, I'd like for him to maybe have some kids around that he could play with...
does anyone else have this dilemma with an only child? he's just at that age where we'd let him bring a friend, but at 6 years old, not many kids can do a week away from their parents, ya know? Home sickness sets in.
i think it'll be great when he gets just a little bit older, but for now???
he did meet a little girl in grayton one year who he played with on the beach, so perhaps it's easy to meet friends :)

reece

There are several homes and duplexes right off the boardwalk on Cottage Street in Grayton with access to a small community pool - you might want to look at them. You can walk right to the beach and the inlet/outlet (I'm not sure what the proper term is for it) is such a magnet for other kids.

I've also looked into some of the homes in Summer's Edge, and the entire subdivision is south of 30A - that's one advantage, but some of them do look to be quite a long walk to the beach.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
thank you all for the information. so, the preserves does look pretty - it's on the north side of 30 A though? So, you have to cross the street to get to the access, correct?

next question :)

do any of you have any opinions on groves by the sea and summer's edge?
is summer's edge walking distance to seaside?

we usually stay in grayton, but this year we are looking at communities with a community pool. Mainly because my son, who is 6, is an only child, and this year, none of his cousins are joining us. So, I'd like for him to maybe have some kids around that he could play with...
does anyone else have this dilemma with an only child? he's just at that age where we'd let him bring a friend, but at 6 years old, not many kids can do a week away from their parents, ya know? Home sickness sets in.
i think it'll be great when he gets just a little bit older, but for now???
he did meet a little girl in grayton one year who he played with on the beach, so perhaps it's easy to meet friends :)

reece

If you're looking for other children to play with yours, then the best place to meet new friends is the beach, and the beach at Grayton is the best. There's the inlet to play in and lots of sand. Summer's Edge is a very nice little rental community in Seagrove that is one of the best if you have little ones. It is south of 30A and the furthest house is a bit of a hike, but not bad. Those house are always fully rented with families, so there should be plenty of kids. It is not within walking distance of Seaside, but you could bike from there.

Grove by the Sea is a very nice neighborhood with lots of native vegetation and a little more space between the houses. There are probably more full time residents there than at Summer's Edge. Very nice pool. It is closer to Seaside than Summer's Edge, but I don't think most people would walk it.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
You can't go wrong with Summer's Edge....(by the way, it is 2 mile walk down the beach from Summer's Edge to Seaside). It is extremely easy access to the beach from any of the houses. Nice access and it is not difficult at all. In fact, the largest distance from a house in there to the beach would probably be around 1800Ft.....many people rent in SE year after year, finding it to be a great family neighborhood, nice houses, and like I said....easy access.

The Preserve at Grayton Beach boardwalk (dedicated beach access too) takes about 5 minutes to get from 30A to the beach....and it is an absolutely gorgeous beach! Very nice houses too, and 2 pools.

Good luck!!

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
hello
in my search for the perfect beach house this summer, i keep coming across houses located in a new development called "preserves at grayton".
can you tell me exactly where this is?
thanks
reece

Reece,

We think our house is "perfect" (so do our renters :D )and it is in the Eastern Lake area of Seagrove Beach. Just 1 lot east of the award winning Summers Edge community. Our house is named Lemon Drop and Kurt's awesome virtual tour is at www.emeraldcoasttours.com/20brownstreet/ and my rent by owner website is www.findvacationrentals.com/7475. The house is 5+BR/5BA, is less than 2 years old, is gulf view, so of 30-A (100 yards or 333 steps to the gulf), sleeps 18, private pool, and parking for 4 cars/SUVs. The house has only 2 weeks still available for the summer and they are the weeks of May 26th-June 2nd and June 9-16th.

It is not Grayton Beach but there is a great beach, access to Eastern Lake which is a rare tidal lake, and a very nice family oriented area. Just a bike ride away to Seaside (1.75 miles) and FLorida Fish House, Angelina's, Yanni's Seagrove Grill, and Cafe 30-A all within 2 miles. Also, only 4 miles ferom Grayton, 1 mile from Publix at WaterColor Crossings, 5 miles from Rosemary Beach, 2 miles to Camp Creek Golf COurse, and close to 2 State Parks!!

Not sure how many folks in your group or what week you are looking for but take a look at our place. Give me a call or PM me if interested.

Wetwilly:cool: