• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
We've started seeing a new pediatrician, Dr. Susie Fitzharris and I HIGHLY recommend her. She is with the Sacred Heart Medical Group and her office is in the Sacred Heart surgery center building (not hospital) right on the Walton/Okaloosa County line on Hwy 98.

I can't say enough good about her skills as a physician. We've finally found a doctor who will take time with her patients and will make follow up calls, etc. Also, there is very little waiting time in the waiting room, which is a big plus for me (we left our previous pediatrician in Panama City after waiting 90 minutes in the waiting room with a 4 month old and a 2 year old--the office staff couldn't understand why my 2 yr-old was screaming :roll: ).

Dr. Fitzharris also has privileges at Sacred Heart in case a child has to be admitted to the hospital. Her office also does lab work so they don't send you somewhere else to get blood drawn.

Contact Info: (850) 837-0032

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I'm excited to have a pediatrician closer to sowal! I've heard good things about Dr. Fitzharris. we also love Dr Allen at White Wilson in Destin and will have a hard time leaving him, but I'll feel very comfortable at Sacred Heart Medical Center. I heartily endorse the doctors at this medical office - and have personally received excellent medical care there for many years. They have always offered family practice - medical care for any age. Having a doctor just for kids though - provides an extra level of care that parents feel more comfortable with , especially for very young children.

I, for one, am waiting on a very special pediatrician to grace us in sowal... :love: you know who you are...

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
I'm excited to have a pediatrician closer to sowal! I've heard good things about Dr. Fitzharris. we also love Dr Allen at White Wilson in Destin and will have a hard time leaving him, but I'll feel very comfortable at Sacred Heart Medical Center. I heartily endorse the doctors at this medical office - and have personally received excellent medical care there for many years. They have always offered family practice - medical care for any age. Having a doctor just for kids though - provides an extra level of care that parents feel more comfortable with , especially for very young children.

I, for one, am waiting on a very special pediatrician to grace us in sowal... :love: you know who you are...

I've been wondering what kind of Dr. he is . . . I haven't met him, but he must be a great guy!

There are many good family practice doctors around, which has filled the void of no local pediatricians (Skunkape--we need one on 30-A cuz Destin is still 35min. from my house). Sometimes you just need a pediatrician--especially for infants. Dr Susie was great with our little one when we took him for his 6 month check-up and shots. The baby had what I though was a cold. It ended up that he had RSV and Dr. Susie got right to work getting him better (although he DID NOT appreciate getting the snot sucked out of his sinuses). The shots were delayed 10 days until he got better.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Suzie. My 12 year old son has had stomach problems for much of his life and all of the doctors, both pediatricians and general family practitioners dismissed his complaints - oh, there must be something wrong at school, or treat the symptoms with Mylanta, or he'll outgrow it, etc.

After Will missed so much school this past fall, we went to see Dr. Suzie. For the first time, we had a Dr. take his complaints seriously. She and her nurse spent lots of time with us, had Will undergo a battery of less than pleasant tests and ultimately referred him to a pediatric GI. She even pulled some strings to get Will in to see Dr. Sacks from Nemours Clinic in Pensacola sooner than I had been able to schedule.

Dr. Suzie called me on Thanksgiving morning to give me lab results; she called me when Will was at the hospital to see how he was doing. But, I guess the best recommendation is that Will likes Dr. Suzie.