• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Laurazo

Beach Crab
Jan 20, 2007
First of all, I just want to say how informative this site has been. I am a complete Sowal newbie and I have learned a lot here.

My dilemma: I am in charge of the family vacation (6 adults, 3 children ages 6, 3 and 1). I am struggling with all the choices for lodging.
The ones that seem most attractive to me so far are: Adagio, Watersound or maybe a house in Summer's Edge.

We would like to be ocean front (I know that Summer's Edge houses really aren't, but there are a few with beautiful views), and I know that we need a nice pool area for the kids. My husband is super picky and loved the look of Watersound, but I talked to someone at Beach Rentals of South Walton and she said that the buildings are set pretty far back from the beach.

Help! I need your superior knowledge of the area! My whole standing in the family (this is my husband's side) rests in your hands.

Thank you in advance.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
check out dunes of seagrove. beachfront, great pools, easy access to condo, beach, and pool.

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
We stayed in a house in Summer's edge called "KerriHill" (I think), that was right across from the pool, had a beautiful view, and plenty of room. It also had a screened porch, so you could sit outside while some of your group went to the pool. It was through Beachseekers at that time, probably still is. I bet their website has pic's. That's the only one that you mentioned that I know anything about-:D

Good Luck!!!

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
:welcome: :bow:
Try the Monterey Condos in Seacrest Beach. Very nice area. Gated entry, nice units with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths as well as a bunk area. Private pool. Only 24 units in comples and right on the beach.
Most Monterey Condo rentals are through Garrett Realty. Tour their website for other Vacation Rentals to see some great values!!
Website have Virtual Tours of many properties.

http://www.garrettrealty.com

Monterey Condominiums
Description:
Majestically perched atop the dunes of Seacrest Beach and elegantly designed in the Mediterranean style these beautifully decorated and spacious units are rivaled only by the spectacular views from the wrap around balconies. Enjoy the beautiful decor in this 3 bedroom condominium. **Pool heated seasonally. Saturday to Saturday rental in season. Parking for 2 cars only.

Location Information:
MONTEREY
GULF-FRONT
CONDOMINIUM
Property Amenities:
ELEVATOR
HEATED POOL**
NON-SMOKING
4 TVs
WHIRLPOOL TUB
STEREO/CD
FIREPLACE
POOL
WASHER/DRYER
4 VCP/VCRs
1 DVD
Accommodations:
3 Bedrooms
Sleeps 8
3 Baths

:chill:

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Monterey condos are beautiful, but it is a bit of a hike down to the beach. We stay near there and I go down 40 steps to get to the beach.

I think the beach at Watersound is beautiful. I always walk there and love how it looks.

Go to High Pointe. Gulf front units 2 and 3 bedroom, 6,000 sq ft gulf front lagon pool complete with restaruant / drink hut. Across the street from Seacrest Village Fountains (kids love em). Ride your bikes or stroll through Rosemary Beach and Seacrest Beach. Eat lunch at Summer Kitchen or Wild Olives. Life will be good.

www.highpointeresort.com

and I know a certain Otter what has 2 condos at this awesome family complex :D

Laurazo

Beach Crab
Jan 20, 2007
Thanks for all of your replies! We will be going middle/end of August so I am trying to find places to get fall season rates (flexible with dates, just need to be back in Ohio by the last week of Aug, for school)
Budget-wise I am trying to stay in the 3000 per week range. I think that about 1000 per couple for the week is doable.

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Where in Ohio are you from? If you want a more secluded beach I would concur with R.O. That is a nice area and the pool is awesome. We stayed in 2 private homes next to this complex and the beach there is grayt.

Laurazo

Beach Crab
Jan 20, 2007
We are in Avon, Ohio west of Cleveland.

Right now since I am looking at snow higher than my 6 year old I am glued to my computer and pictures of beautiful Sowal!