• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tumules

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2007
Hello all-

Several questions......

Have rented a house in Village of Sugar Beach - on Sugar Beach Lane. What is the closest beach access point....is there access at Hinton Ave and 30A? If so, is it very steep? I've looked at a thread on this forum listing open beach access points but don't know which is closest to our rental.

If no access, what access would you recommend that is not steep - with 7 ladies, we will be carrying a lot of "stuff." Some years ago found a wonderful park with showers and a long beach access ramp that had a gradual decline to the beach, but I don't recall the name. I think it may have been east of Blue Mountain Beach, but really not sure.

Beach service question....If you rent multiple chairs, is the price negotiable? Is beach service something you can arrange in advance - I have not been successful in finding a source.

Thanks for your responses....Can't wait to head south....it is 6 degrees here this morning!

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Hello all-

Several questions......

Have rented a house in Village of Sugar Beach - on Sugar Beach Lane. What is the closest beach access point....is there access at Hinton Ave and 30A? If so, is it very steep? I've looked at a thread on this forum listing open beach access points but don't know which is closest to our rental.

If no access, what access would you recommend that is not steep - with 7 ladies, we will be carrying a lot of "stuff." Some years ago found a wonderful park with showers and a long beach access ramp that had a gradual decline to the beach, but I don't recall the name. I think it may have been east of Blue Mountain Beach, but really not sure.

Beach service question....If you rent multiple chairs, is the price negotiable? Is beach service something you can arrange in advance - I have not been successful in finding a source.

Thanks for your responses....Can't wait to head south....it is 6 degrees here this morning!

Tumules:

Welcome to the beach. The closest public beach access to Sugar Sand Lane is located directly across from the Tom Thumb convenience store at the south end of Somerset Bridge Rd on 30A (very close to you). However, there are only steps with no restrooms or parking. If you would like a gradual ADA ramp with restrooms and parking, I would recommend Santa Clara Regional Beach Access located on 30-A at Santa Clara/Bramble Grove Rd in Seagrove located about 700 feet west of Somerset Bridge Rd, it is my favorite of all of our accesses.

Brad Pickel
Director of Beach Management
Walton County TDC

tumules

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2007
Thank you !!! I think she is stunning! She is getting old now - 13 years but still likes to give me what for if the bowl is not in the right place.

She is an oriental shorthair (OSH.) Her color is called Mackeral Spotted Tabby and while it looks like stripes, it is actually spots. The OSH is a cross between a domestic short hair and a Siamese. Depends on the lineage, they can be quiet and you don't know they are in the house or they can by like our Miss Stella - loud, demanding and 100% Siamese.

We rescued her from a local no-kill Cat Network. She came to us twice removed from a local breeder that gives away queens that have "bred out". The gal who gave her to the Cat Network said her Dad didn't like her because she talked too much. We feel it is one of her best features :D - she talks a LOT.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Thank you !!! I think she is stunning! She is getting old now - 13 years but still likes to give me what for if the bowl is not in the right place.

She is an oriental shorthair (OSH.) Her color is called Mackeral Spotted Tabby and while it looks like stripes, it is actually spots. The OSH is a cross between a domestic short hair and a Siamese. Depends on the lineage, they can be quiet and you don't know they are in the house or they can by like our Miss Stella - loud, demanding and 100% Siamese.

We rescued her from a local no-kill Cat Network. She came to us twice removed from a local breeder that gives away queens that have "bred out". The gal who gave her to the Cat Network said her Dad didn't like her because she talked too much. We feel it is one of her best features :D - she talks a LOT.

Well, she is just gorgeous. She has the most beautiful eyes. Thank you for rescuing her!!! I am sure she is forever grateful to you. I love a cat that talks alot!! I guess because I like to talk alot!!! :D

Last edited:
Tumules:

Welcome to the beach. The closest public beach access to Sugar Sand Lane is located directly across from the Tom Thumb convenience store at the south end of Somerset Bridge Rd on 30A (very close to you). However, there are only steps with no restrooms or parking. If you would like a gradual ADA ramp with restrooms and parking, I would recommend Santa Clara Regional Beach Access located on 30-A at Santa Clara/Bramble Grove Rd in Seagrove located about 700 feet west of Somerset Bridge Rd, it is my favorite of all of our accesses.

Brad Pickel
Director of Beach Management
Walton County TDC
What he said.

Brad, you rock! :)

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Grayton Beach State Park is great because it has the long flat boardwalk you mention, showers, grills, etc. and it's a beautiful beach. I think it costs less than $10/car and it's easy to stay there for a long time because of the bathrooms, showers, grills, etc.