• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
I have some bad news for ya Brad. I won't be able to deliver your wayward mail anymore.:funn: :lol:
:eek: That's right. How will I ever get it. We will have to set-up some other arrangement ;-)

:eek: what? moving to SC???

Yep Toots, moving to Beaufort, SC.

If you're going to Charleston, it does not matter!!!!!!!

Income tax is pesty and the water is darker, but we will be about an hour to Charleston and 45 minutes to Savannah :D

Brad,
We will all miss you but most of all the beach will miss you :sosad: . Good luck and remember everyone comes back!!! It's like Hotel California, "You can check out anytime you like but you may never leave."

Thank you Bobby but I will be around, and my family will still have a place here for my monthly trips so I don't have to leave completely :clap_1:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Wow, Beaufort....if I ever leave sowal that is one place I would seriously consider. The best to you and the family!!:clap_1:

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Weeks after beach restoration completion, director steps down
By Gabriel Tynes

The Walton County Tourist Development Council announced the resignation Wednesday of Brad Pickel, the director of beach management. Pickel, who held the position for nearly seven years, will leave March 31.
?Brad has been an incredible asset to our team,? said Kriss Titus, executive director of the TDC. ?We wish him much success as he moves on to the next phase of his life and career.?
Pickel and his wife will be moving to South Carolina where they will pursue new career opportunities. Pickel is interested in starting a business in coastal management, an area in which he holds a PhD. However, he will continue to serve as a consultant for the TDC indefi nitely, specifi cally to continue with beach restoration efforts along County Road 30A.
?With the knowledge and experience I?ve gathered, [my wife and I] decided it was time to move ahead,? Pickel said. ?But as a consultant I can assure that [the county] won?t miss a step with beach restoration.?
On Jan. 19, Pickel announced the completion of the fi rst phase of county beach restoration, an area stretching nearly six miles from Destin to Topsail Hill Preserve State Park. The second phase, which would continue from Stallworth Lake to Inlet Beach, remains in the permitting and funding process with no clear indication of a timeline.
In his time with the TDC, Pickel also oversaw the construction of more than 40 dune walkovers destroyed by tropical weather.
?Two big things I?ll be taking with me are the management skills I?ve learned from working with everybody and these complex issues,? Pickel said. ?I?ve also learned of the true love people have for the beaches in South Walton and that everybody has a stake.?
According to the TDC, with Pickel remaining as a consultant there will be no advertisement to fill his position. But in addition to beach restoration issues, the TDC may continue to rely upon Pickel for post storm recovery efforts and federal shore protection matters. Daily maintenance obligations will be the responsibility of Dave Sell, the TDC beach maintenance manager.
?[Brad?s] knowledge and expertise in working with Walton County?s beaches is invaluable, and we?re delighted that he will continue to work on our behalf as one of our premier consultants,? Titus said.

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Weeks after beach restoration completion, director steps down
By Gabriel Tynes

The Walton County Tourist Development Council announced the resignation Wednesday of Brad Pickel, the director of beach management. Pickel, who held the position for nearly seven years, will leave March 31.
Brad has been an incredible asset to our team, said Kriss Titus, executive director of the TDC. We wish him much success as he moves on to the next phase of his life and career.
Pickel and his wife will be moving to South Carolina where they will pursue new career opportunities. Pickel is interested in starting a business in coastal management, an area in which he holds a PhD. However, he will continue to serve as a consultant for the TDC indefi nitely, specifi cally to continue with beach restoration efforts along County Road 30A.
With the knowledge and experience Ive gathered, [my wife and I] decided it was time to move ahead, Pickel said. But as a consultant I can assure that [the county] wont miss a step with beach restoration.
On Jan. 19, Pickel announced the completion of the fi rst phase of county beach restoration, an area stretching nearly six miles from Destin to Topsail Hill Preserve State Park. The second phase, which would continue from Stallworth Lake to Inlet Beach, remains in the permitting and funding process with no clear indication of a timeline.
In his time with the TDC, Pickel also oversaw the construction of more than 40 dune walkovers destroyed by tropical weather.
Two big things Ill be taking with me are the management skills Ive learned from working with everybody and these complex issues, Pickel said. Ive also learned of the true love people have for the beaches in South Walton and that everybody has a stake.
According to the TDC, with Pickel remaining as a consultant there will be no advertisement to fill his position. But in addition to beach restoration issues, the TDC may continue to rely upon Pickel for post storm recovery efforts and federal shore protection matters. Daily maintenance obligations will be the responsibility of Dave Sell, the TDC beach maintenance manager.
[Brads] knowledge and expertise in working with Walton Countys beaches is invaluable, and were delighted that he will continue to work on our behalf as one of our premier consultants, Titus said.

Thanks Sally for posting Gabe's article but I feel as if I I have to correct two small items, I am not Dr. Pickel. That is an honor I don't have officially, now I could argue on whether or not I deserve it :). So I guess we should stick with Master Pickel since that is the correct title ;).

Also, Leslie is staying as a full-time employee with the Seaside Institute (I needed to clarify that for her boss ;))

Thanks again all of you for your support.

Bp

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
... and I was thinking... doctor Pickel...really???
Someone told me this news last week, and then I realized that I screwed up selling your house, Brad. :bang: You know it is true that with every negative, there is a positive. Brad is leaving, and the Dargs have arrived. Brad, we wish you the best in South Carolina, but if those Atlantic Hurricanes get too bad for you, you can always come back to SoWal. I know the extent of your love for the beach, and greatly appreciate your dedication to trying to protect it.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Beaufort SC is a home run. Real estate deals to be had on St. Helena Island. You are sandwiched between the two finest dining cities of the Lowcountry.