• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Not many places on the open Bay will be have deep enough water to hold an 82 ft boat. 4 mile creek will be one of the best bets for him to find water deep enough to handle it. The Mack Bayou area also has some deeper water around some of those properties. Good luck.

Yikes! An 82 foot boat! The neighbors would NOT be happy. There goes the view. Our neighbor recent bought a 45 ft boat and he can't get it in the channel to his dock yet. We're not looking forward to the day he might be able to get it in here though. Who wants to have their beautiful bayou view turned into a view of the neighbor's ego, er, I mean yacht?

Although there might be some docks around the Mack Bayou area that have 5.5 ft depth, the channel to Mack Bayou and most of the other bayous on the south side of the bay, can get very shallow, especially in the winter. Even in the summer, the channel to Mack Bayou itself, isn't 4 feet.

But I do happen to know of a beautiful lot for sale in Freeport on LaGrange Bayou that has that depth and the channel is deep!! The shipyard is up LaGrange. PM me if you want more details.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Josh, I know of two neighboring lots for which are available if your buyer is serious, each is 2.3 acres I believe. They are deep water and should handle an 85 ft boat, but your buyer needs to confirm that it would fit his needs. The lots are not Bay Front, but they are only a short ride to the open Bay, in the Lagrange Bayou area.

To lessen the confusion, I mentioned 4 Mile Creek in an earlier post, and it feeds into the north side of Lagrange Bayou. 4 Mile Creek is where the Shipyard is located, and if you do a Google Earth search of the area, you will see at least two boats, each totalling over 70 ft in length. They built the Soloaris at that Shipyard and barges go up there all the time. Those barges are right at 200 ft in length. In fact, most of the boats from Sandestin are motored up those creeks to escape the storms. I also know of another property for sale up Four Mile Creek, which is available, but not listed.

Last edited:
82' Yacht like:

80extbig.jpg

or 82' Yacht like:

1main.jpg

notorious63

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2006
Josh, Lot#42 in Laird Point may fit your buyers needs. This lot has approx 167ft of waterfront on Laird Bayou. The dockage would be very protected back in this bayou. The Waterways Charts show depths in here from 5 to 7 feet. This lot is approx 13mi from the Gulf, and this is a Gated subdivision. The price is 499k. I also own lots 40 and 41 if he needs more acreage or waterfront.