• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

allison222

Beach Comber
Mar 3, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Hi. We just moved to Santa Rosa Beach from St. Louis?

I am looking to take on a few jobs each month. I specialize in faux finishes, murals, canvas, trompe l?oeil. I do mostly homes but have also done small commercial jobs (e.g. spas/salons, bar/restaurants)?

Most of my business in St. Louis was through designers but I regularly deal directly with clients?

My website is in the middle of being updated but I will gladly e-mail you pictures of my work and can provide references?

Call me for a free on-site consultation?

Allison
850-420-8419

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
I admire your talent...grayt pics.:clap_1:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
WOW!! Quite the talent.

Love them all, and those dolphins look so real.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
WOW....beautiful work. The Sea Turtle is my favorite!!! Good luck to you.

Allison, I have some questions for you. We started redoing our master bath and are in the process of pulling off the wallpaper because it was rather dated (house was built in 1988). From looking at magazines, it appears that wallpaper is out. I hired a decorator who wants to do a faux finish (glaze) in the bathroom. My daughter says faux finishes are "too 90's" and look amateurish and that I should fire the decorator. She justs wants it painted. I value her opinion because she studies style intensely and is quite artistic. Obviously, you think differently about faux finshes, and your photos are beautiful.

Also, the decorator has suggested a lot of color in the house (all Benjamin Moore). She recommended Lenape Trail (sort of a salmon color) in the master bathroom and bedroom) -- currently the bedroom is burgundy red that looks nice with our collection of blue and white porcelain (Meissen Zwiebelmuster), and the bathroom had dark blue wallpaper with tiny burgundy red stripes and a pale blue ribbon and bow motive (which is what really dated it). She recommended Concord Ivory (which is really yellow) in the foyer, the main stairwell, the upstairs hallways (it's all continuous so it has to be the same color) -- currently it's off-white. Also that same color in the upstairs guest bedroom and bath. My daughter doesn't want her bedroom or her den (which was meant to be a bedroom, but we didn't need 5 bedrooms because I was only able to have one child) changed. She likes it just the way it is.

Downstairs the decorator wants to do Sherwood Green (a light green) in the kitchen, the family room, the study/guest bedroom, the hallway to the laundry room, the laundry room/butler's pantry, etc. Currently the kitchen is taupe with dark green oriental rugs and a green and off-white wallpaper on the backsplash (which she wants to keep). The family room has dark green thin-striped wallpaper above the chair rail and off-white below it. The dark green is that green color that is so popular in New Orleans - the same color as our shutters outdoors, so the inside relates to the outside. The study/guest room and the hallway are off-white.

She wants the Lenape Trail in the front part of the house (living room and dining room). So when you enter the front door, you'd see the Concord Ivory (light yellow) foyer and stairwell, the Lenape Trail (salmon) to your left and right (dining room and living room), and if the double doors to the family room are opened, you'd see the Sherwood Green. To me it's just too much color.

Any suggestions or advice?