• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
P9030043.JPG

Seaside - Sept 03 2005

P9030037.JPG

Seaside - Sept 03 2005

P9020002.JPG

Grayton Beach - Sept 03 2005

Water is looking mighty fine.:lol:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Ohhhhh....thank you, Smilin' Joe! Your photos brought tears to my eyes. Marty and I wanted to know how we can get that cold brew or world class Margarita to you when we are there in October or December? And by the way, you are hereby allowed to jump that fence and enjoy a dip in our pool anytime you like! We are so thankful to you for getting us info after the storm.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Donna said:
Ohhhhh....thank you, Smilin' Joe! Your photos brought tears to my eyes. Marty and I wanted to know how we can get that cold brew or world class Margarita to you when we are there in October or December? And by the way, you are hereby allowed to jump that fence and enjoy a dip in our pool anytime you like! We are so thankful to you for getting us info after the storm.

Thanks! Your pool does often look rather inviting, like it did today, but I think I may scare your tenants if I decided to go swimming while they are around.:rotfl: I guess you could inform them that I come with the rental.:laughing1

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Thanks! Your pool does often look rather inviting, like it did today, but I think I may scare your tenants if I decided to go swimming while they are around.:rotfl: I guess you could inform them that I come with the rental.:laughing1

Donna could raise her rates if that was the case....can you imagine having SJ welcoming your guests to 30-A? He could easily be the Ambassador of SoWal!!

monique

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Speaking about how the beach is now......does anyone know the answer to this question? When New Orleans pumps all that sewage, germ filled, toxic water out of the city and into the lake and the Gulf........is it filtered by the pumps? Or is all that crap going to be dumped into the Gulf only to start mixing into the waters that will hit all the other coastlines of the Gulf? I have not heard one person addressing the far reaching enviromental and human sickness problems this could cause if this junk just gets dumped and starts to float toward Florida's panhandle. Our beaches are not that far away from this. What would happen to the shrimp and fishing industry if this waste hits the water? UCK! Do we all need to start emailing our congressmen and local representatives with this concern? Anyone know the facts about this??

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
The beaches at Seaside are as good as they were Pre-Katrina and Post-Dennis. The water is clear and calm. The first sandbar seems bigger and shallower. Only knee deep yesterday afternoon. The sky is clear and the weather is fine. We expect to have another perfect day at the beach today.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
The beach is perfect today. No flies! Calm surf. Hot. Several folks were out in their kayaks, and I counted 8 fishing boat trailers and 1 hobie cat trailer on Grayton Beach.

As a side note, my unscientific study indicates 3 to 3 1/2 inches of new sand on Grayton since the storm.

I think I might just head on back.

sunshine

Last edited:

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
As said in other posts, the beach is awesome today. We fished in the gulf and Eastern Lake this morning and we caught a few small ones and my 9 yr old caught a "brown" Snapper that was about a pound!!! We saw small rays in the surf, several crabs (both hermit and blues), and some crawfish in the outflow between the lake and the gulf.

We ate at Yianni's Seagrove Grill last night and it was excellent. My wife and I recommend it. BYOB but they have no "uncork charge" and flasks are welcome so enjoy.

My 4 yr old just told me today that "big yellow" (our Seagrove house) is his favorite place in the whole world. Priceless.

The flies are much less today and my vinegar mix is still working as previously reported!!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Wish you'll coud be here. :welcome: Too bad we are leaving tomorrow sometime. Back to reality. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I am convinced that someday (soon I hope) we will come down here and never go back. :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
wetwilly said:
We ate at Yianni's Seagrove Grill last night and it was excellent. My wife and I recommend it. BYOB but they have no "uncork charge" and flasks are welcome so enjoy.

The flies are much less today and my vinegar mix is still working as previously reported!!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
I did not know Yianni's allowed that. Cool.

Glad to read that there are some flies out. I added vinegar to my home brew natural insect repellent and want to test it out. It was still holding back the mosquitos this morning. The vinegar smell is practically non-existant, so I hope it works.:D

Hollibird

Beach Lover
I have no idea what they plan to do with that filth and corpse laiden water but I will cry if they pump it out into the gulf.

Crab trap in destin sand is beautiful...water was great today. some snorklers found part of the swing set stuck in the sand bar and brought it ashore. while gardening this morning I had a bunch of flys. it was awful!