• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
hi
i rented a house on brown st(beachviews), near the beautiful lemon drop :) in seagrove near summer's edge
can y'all tell me exactly where the beach access is? would it be on chelsea loop? i'm looking at google earth and want to see where it is exactly.

so, we stayed at absolutely grayton last year. it was a stroll to the beach, but not bad. do you think that beachviews will be a shorter walk or longer?
just curious.

thanks
reece

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
hi
i rented a house on brown st(beachviews), near the beautiful lemon drop :) in seagrove near summer's edge
can y'all tell me exactly where the beach access is? would it be on chelsea loop? i'm looking at google earth and want to see where it is exactly.

so, we stayed at absolutely grayton last year. it was a stroll to the beach, but not bad. do you think that beachviews will be a shorter walk or longer?
just curious.

thanks
reece

Or you can walk down Eastern Lake Rd. to the beach access there. Great funn playing at the lake.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
The closest access to BeachViews is usually called the Ramsgate access, because it's next to the Ramsgate condos on the beach. You take the west side of Chelsea loop and walk down a boardwalk that passes just west of the Nantucket house, which is the westernmost house on the part of Chelsea loop that is parallel to the beach. Maybe 100 Yd from your front door to the beach, tops.

Depending on when you're coming, the Eastern Lake access may be less than wonderful. Right now, it's torn up while they install a new boardwalk. You can still get to the beach and the lake outfall, just not as convenient. The Eastern lake access is at the intersection of Eastern Lake Drive and Gulf Drive.

Hope that's enough info to pick them out on Google Earth.

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
Yes, like I said, going down Chelsea Loop is shorter.

If I am not mistaken, that access next to Nantucket is owned and maintained by Summer's Edge Homeowner's Association and those renting through Summer's Edge are only suppose to use that access off of Chelsea Loop. I may be wrong but I know at one of the homeowner's meeting that was an issue with other rental homes using that access. I don't know the outcome but you may want to check first. There is security that comes around now that will ask you where you are staying and your name.

Ti-da

Beach Comber
Feb 2, 2007
Atlanta Ga
We frequently use the Chelsea Loop access through Summer's Edge..Our fulltime neighbor has a letter from Brad Pickle saying "since Summer's Edge development blocked the public beach access, they could never prohibit through traffic-to that access. Apparently this was "understood" prior to the development of this part of Summer's Edge".We have never had a problem...Lots of people use this access...We also love to use the Eastern Lake access. My kids love to play in the outflow. We also fish in the lake and ocean there. Either way,it is quick jaunt...:D

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Further to Ti-Da's comments...

The Ramsgate access (the one Ti-Da calls the Chelsea loop access) is on the short section of Eastern Lake Road that runs behind the beachfront houses. It and the Eastern Lake access are both public accesses maintained by the county.

Last edited:

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Further to Ti-Da's comments...

The Ramsgate access (the one Ti-Da calls the Chelsea loop access) is on the short section of Eastern Lake Road that runs behind the beachfront houses. It and the Eastern Lake access are both public accesses maintained by the county.

While I don't remember writing the letter that Ti-Da mentions (it could be my alter ego Brad PICKLE ;)), the important part is what Tree Frog said. The accesses at the eastern end of Eastern Lake road and located on the eastern side of Ramsgate Condo/townhome are both TDC accesses. Please be patient while we bring Eastern Lake up to standards. It is well overdue- enjoy the beach!

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
While I don't remember writing the letter that Ti-Da mentions (it could be my alter ego Brad PICKLE ;)), the important part is what Tree Frog said. The accesses at the eastern end of Eastern Lake road and located on the eastern side of Ramsgate Condo/townhome are both TDC accesses. Please be patient while we bring Eastern Lake up to standards. It is well overdue- enjoy the beach!

Brad,

So is the access that runs from Chelsea Loop to the cross road of Ramsgate public access. I would surly like to know because I was under the impression that is was Summer's Edge because our homeowner's dues have been budgeted for repair work that we paid for to that access after the hurricanes. Please set me straight if I am wrong.