• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mf

Banned
May 14, 2006
Re: Prominence

That dirty water pool is the run off water and is supposed to resemble being in New England on a harbour, even though it is close to 100F degrees here in the Summer. I guess they needed to be able to sell the homes at a higher price and thought that the water feature might help, and since the closest public beach access to Prominence is Deer Lake State Park, they might need some water. They should have made that a swimming pool. Now that would have been cool. Hello, we are not in New England. ;-)

another example of developers not using the highly marketable local architecture and natural beauty to their advantage...

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005

I walked over to Prominence today and had a long talk with Sherry Carter, the Broker there. She said several things that just don't make sense to me such as they will have 1,000 to 1,500 events there a year! That's 3 or more events every day!

She also told me that Prominence owns four of the Country Cottages, those cute A-frame homes just south of 30-A on Camp Creek, and also property across 30-A on the north side. She said they plan to build an "Amenities Center" there, complete with a water taxi, that will ship people down to the Gulf! :eek: When I told her that the lake is sometimes completely closed off from the Gulf and that currently the water is barely over my toes, she disagreed. I know it's true because we've walked the beach all week.

My questions to the wise ones on SoWal:

Are large motorized boats allowed on the small Coastal Dune Lakes? I know they are on Lake Powell, but I've never seen any on the little ones.

Since WaterSound Beach owns the property surrounding the Gulf side of Camp Creek Lake, how would they dock the boat? Wouldn't there have to be a waterway large enough to take the water taxi down to the high tide mark which starts the public right of way? How could they dock it?

Please tell me this just doesn't make any sense. :dunno:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

Josebby, the first word that came to my mind?

Yuck.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

:welcome: back josebby!!! Wow, what a sales pitch. My first thought on the 1,000 to 1,500 events a year was the supposed theater that was being planned. Running a movie 24/7 ought to do it. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

joseby, did you get all of that in writing? You know those reservation agreements probably note that buyers cannot rely solely upon the representations made by their agents. ;-)

30A does divide the property of Prominence. This is the first I've heard of Prominence owning those cabins and trying to use a water shuttle. The boat would not have to be large, and could be something as simple as the pontoon shuttle for the Sanctuary at Redfish, which has an electric trolling motor. I have seen bass-boats on Lake Powell, so I am unaware of the rule regulating them on that particular lake. Behind Publix, is a public park with a very nice boat launch. Maybe the rule is that no jet propelled boats or watercraft are allowed. I believe that is the only rule regarding boat restrictions for the coastal dune lakes in WalCo.

Even if they do have the boat shuttle, they would need a dock to dump people off at the beach, unless they were doing like the Sanctuary at Redfish, making beach goers, jump off into the shallow water as they went to the beach.

As for the high number of events, maybe for some people, going outside is an event, as is inserting their keys into the door lock.

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

The fake harbor always reminded me of the Universal Studios Jaws thing in California. I for one hope they put in a big fake shark. Each mock attack counts as an event (that is fair).

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Now that would be funny. The shark could jump out at cars going down 30A. :funn:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005

Sunrise and Sunset count for 2 events a day !!!! :funn:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Here is a sample of what to expect. This is the water shuttle for Sanctuary at Redfish.